1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

'07 Fender Hwy One FSR Trans White Blonde Jazz Body ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by tjh, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

This is one that I thought I would never let go. But unfortunately, the thermostat failed in my wifes car when we had the -30 degree cold spell, and she fried the engine ... now some of my fav's are gonna pay for a new one for her ...

In 2007, Fender did a special run (FSR) of Transparent White Blonde Highway One Jazz basses .. this is not the heavy, high gloss stark white finish you usually see on Fenders, it is a nice soft, very thin White Blonde (looks very aged) that allows the grain of the wood to come through ... all under a NITRO finish!! ... What started as a satin finish, has lustered perfectly with use ..

The nicely patterned 4-layer Tort/White/Black/White pickguard (with factory truss rod notch) really sets it off beautifully.

This body has not been babied, it has been played regularly (looks fantastic under stage lights!) ... it is in excellent condition in spite of the stage time it has seen, you really need to examine closely to see any tiny nicks or dings ... and there is NO buckle rash!!

The only issue that needs to be mentioned, is a slight 'discoloration' on the strap pin end of body. It is unexplained, and was like this when I got it. The best I can figure is that there may have been some type of 'reaction' with something in the bottom of a case or gig bag that can sometimes happen with a nitro finish ... it appears as a very light 'shadow' (for lack of a better explanation) below the input jack on the front, and in a line across the very low end on the back ... if you look VERY closely in the pics provided, you MAY be able to notice what looks like a 'shadow' ... I have never tried to buff this out, as it never bothered me, but it is something that I wanted to disclose.

This body is fully loaded, the pups are the stock vintage 58358/9 alnico set, with the stock electronics, and the body is currently wearing a Fender vintage style bridge taken from a Classic Series 70's Jazz. I do have the Leo Quan BAII bridge (with the factory multi-groove saddles) that this body would have came from the factory with .. I prefer the vintage style, so that is what is on there now.

As pictured, complete loaded body (with the vintage Fender bridge) ... $295 Shipped ... to the lower 48 only please ...

If you prefer the BAII or are interested in having both bridges, we can discuss that ...

I should also mention, that being a MIA Hwy One Jazz body, this is one of the VERY FEW genuine Fender bodies that comes with NO CHANNEL ROUTING under the pickguard ... this body looks classic vintage Fender !!

This sale is for the complete loaded body only, the neck and case in the pictures are gone ... thank you for looking!!

Attached Files:

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I just realized that there is an inverted V on the front of the body that actually is a shadow ... that is not the 'shadow' I am referring to in the text above ... the 'shadow' would be a about 2-3" at the very end of the body where the end of the inverted V starts closest to the bridge ... now even I am confused ...

I took a couple pics, but I can't get it to show up ... I am probably making more of it than it really is, in my effort to make it known ... the 'shadow' line across the back can be seen if you click on the picture to enlarge it ...
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I have had a couple inquiries if I would sell the body unloaded, and partially unloaded .. we can certainly talk about how you would want it ... thanks!
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Know what it weighs?
  5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Yup ... I am the one with the calibrated, digital Hobart scale, remember? ... ;)

... exactly 6.3 calibrated pounds completely loaded .. the entire bass with the original Hwy One neck weighed 8.9 lbs prior to strings ...
  6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Great info. Thanks
  7. WillEVee

WillEVee

8. WillEVee

WillEVee

Does it have that same type of finish that the other H1s had?
    Thanks
  9. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Will, the finish on the early edition Hwy 1's was acrylic lacquer ('03-06), the finish on the 'upgraded' Hwy ONES was NITROcellulose lacquer ('06-11) ... this is an '07 Hwy ONE, and has the nitro finish.

The color is lighter, easier to see the woodgrain through, than most Hwy Ones, and is not the stark, bright white, it is a soft, aged type of color/shade ...

All of the Hwy1/Ones used a 'satin' finish, rather than 'high gloss', however, as you use/play/handle the bass, the body over time begins to take on a bit of a nice 'sheen' ... this also adds to the aged look (you can also buff out these bodies to achieve that look sooner) ..

I returned your PM as well, Will ... in order to give a price on the body 'unloaded', I need to know what all you want on it ... it can go from a bare wood body, to just pulling the pups, and any stage in between ... thanks!
  10. WillEVee

WillEVee

Thanks so much for the info!
    PM replied.
  11. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. Trans White Blonde bare body is gone ...

... pickguard, electronics, vintage bridge and hardware are at this point still available ...

... I also have the BRAND NEW Leo Quan BadAss ll bridge that was removed from Hwy One when it was new ... This has the multi-factory slots and original mounting screws ... no picture, but if you look at a new one, you will see this one $82.50 shipped !!

thanks!
  12. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Thats a good looking and very rare J body.
  13. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Lucas, you are absolutely right ... this was an EXTREMELY rare combination of color, nitro finish, no channel routing, and factory bevel for heel adjust truss rod access .. I just had it on the scale after stripping it for shipping tomorrow ... a very respectable 5 lbs on the button ...

I let it go for almost 1/3 less than it would have on Ebay, but it is staying in the TB family, headed to the Buckeye state ... it wasn't perfect, but in amazing condition for a 7 year old bass with an ultra thin finish that was a main go to for quite a while ... like saying goodbye to an old friend ... ;)

Closing this thread, and will list the components seperately as I get to them ... thanks to all that inquired!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.