1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1/4" TRS to dual 1/4" TRS question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basehead, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

2. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

3. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Using a Y-cable for this is not likely to work unless you happen on a very lucky combination of 2 pedals (say, from the same manufacturer if they both use a CV with voltage division on the expression pedal) and in some combinations you could damage one or both.

Not advisable.
  4. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

base head, it would work, but you couldn't control them individually. I guess if you had a Line 6 M13, you could set up patches where only 1 bank was affected by the pedal and then patch where both were affected.
  5. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

The expressionator is better than just a dual output ex pedal because you can turn on and off the feeds, plus other goodies. It's not cheap, but what a space saver!!

Edit: wow, it would work?!
  6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    You could potentially do some real damage with that!
  7. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Good to know...

I recently received an Expressionator, which I love. Since I haven't any more room on the board, I'm looking for alternatives for a couple remaining pedals. I guess a dual expression pedal is my only solution....
  8. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

oh. ok, I thought I've seen you in expressionator discussions. Too bad it isn't actually built into an expression pedal.