1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

10 Myths re: Introverts

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Jul 30, 2013.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I'm a classic INTJ (if you know your Myers-Briggs types), so I can definitely get behind this list.

With that said, the author, who claims to be a graphic designer, could have probably come up with a better website. Black font on a dark grey background probably isn't the most conducive arrangement for reading the list. :D
  3. zachoff

zachoff

Hey, me too. We are the 3%!
  4. chuck norriss

Infp. Me, ghandi, honest Abe. Maybe I'll grow up to be president.
  5. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

Either way, you're getting assassinated.
  6. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

I'm an INFP and am a certified MBTI practitioner. I liked the article and find that many people have misconceptions about introverts. I am a teacher, presenter and performer, and when people see me in those roles, they always assume I am an extrovert.
  7. Shanebo

Shanebo

Yep, INTJ also.

Maybe we should start a club?

All the best,

Shane
  8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Just did an online test and it looks like I'm an INTJ. But imo. the M.-B. Type Indicator is "meh" at best.
  9. chuck norriss

That's funny! Wait noooooo!
  10. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

INTP...just like Einstein.
  11. tplyons

tplyons

ISTJ here...like George Washington, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos.

Most are often surprised to find out that I'm an introvert, because I'm actually quite outgoing. I simply prefer to be outgoing in smaller groups than large crowds, and need alone time to recharge.
  12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I know there's some criticism in the literature. I can't remember the exact nature of it, but IIRC, it centers on construct and discriminant validity issues. Then again, what's to be expected from an assessment built from Jungian theory? It still has much better psychometric properties than the Enneagram, though. lol
  13. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

This sounds like Aspergers Syndrome, especially point 3. It all reads like high intelligence and social awkwardness. I only speak on the author's comments. I know a few introverts that do not exhibit point 3. That's the one that makes me wonder.

I figure that all social interaction and trying to fit in is exhausting to all people. It's not easy to convince yourself you are fitting in and others are doing a better job. But just ask them and you will find they feel the same way about themselves. Just an unofficial observation.
  14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

Im also INTJ. But maybe I read a different link? The black font is on a white background, and that white background is on a dark grey background.
  15. zachoff

zachoff

I looked last night on my laptop at home and there was no white background. Today on my work computer, there is. Must be an old browser vs new browser thing.
  16. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

never understood the whole introvert extrovert thing. people just trying to assign themselves more labels?
  17. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

I have been diagnosed as INTJ just now as well. Are they close to a cure?
  18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Reading the description, it appears that I'm an introvert. Cool enough.
  19. chuck norriss

Yes.
  20. sjeverett

sjeverett

thats me. I'm pretty quiet but you wanna talk music, motorcycles, guns, cars, Tx Rangers....I'm not gonna shut up for a while.