$100 e bay mighty mite necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Are these authentic mighty mites and are they any good. I am afraid of getting ripped off. I want a maple fb jazz neck for a mim people bass I want to buy.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Yep. That's a normal price for them. As for quality.....let's say they are good enough. Not top quality but good, solid affordable replacement necks. Biggest issue is they don't have the best truss rods. My tech/guru had to pull mine because it froze. He also ended up reversing it so the access was at the heel (he's a genius engineer by trade). Most folks have no problems. You get what you get for $100.
  3. Sollie7

Sollie7 Supporting Member

I've also read before that the quality is actually better when bought off of eBay since some of the sellers cherry pick the necks
  4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I have purchased several. Never a disappointment.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Sollie
    How do they cherry pick the necks. If they order necks they get what they order. If they build they are going to use the better necks for the build and sell the less quality neck.
    Although these are probably very consistent , as we know some wood just resonates better than others,
  7. mike phillips

mike phillips

i have had two with a third on the way. all maple fretboards. never a problem. i have been very happy with them. hope this helps strat hater
  8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

$100 e bay mighty mite necks

-------------------------------------------

I have many parts basses with these. They are good.
  9. ksihawk7

ksihawk7

I just got a Mighty Mite neck the other day, and it seems to be great as far as I can tell.
  10. giacomini

giacomini Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    I've seen Mighty Mite necks down to $80, so yes, $100 sound like the real deal.
  11. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas

Disclosures:
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    The MM necks are good. I have a birdseye one on a sixer and I just threw it on without leveling and it plays surprisingly well. With a proper fret level it'll be great. I bought mine on eBay; I just checked the seller's rating to make sure I was satisfied that I was getting a real MM neck.
  12. stratovani

stratovani

Several years ago i bought a MM neck for my Squier Strat, and I've had no problems with it. It came unfinished, so I had to shoot a coat of poly on it, but now after playing it for a few years my Strat now looks like Eric Clapton's "Blackie" Strat from the early 70s.
  13. suddenlysane

suddenlysane Gold Supporting Member

I bought a maple one off of eBay for a Pbass body I had and even though I screwed up the finish on it, I still think it's a solid neck. I have no complaints.
  14. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

Just got my ebay MM last week. Haven't had chance to complete project and play it but seems to be a great neck. Fit my neck pocket perfectly, nice and straight, no finish flaws, and I don't believe I will need to do any fret work at all. I think it will be a great bolt on, set up and play kinda neck. Has nice vintage tint finish. Looks more naturally yellowed with age than that orangey amber. Totally satisfied so far.
  15. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Has anyone tried the mm fretLESS neck? Does it fit a fender pocket with no modification? I know the Squier vm fretLESS won't fit u less modded.
  16. Mickey Mao

Mickey Mao

I have an mm fretless pbass neck. Fits fender pockets with no mods needed.
  17. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Lined or unlined?

Looks like the unlinded ones could be tricky considering the dots are in the same positions as the fretted versions
  18. Mickey Mao

Mickey Mao

Unlined.

Not clear on what you mean by 'the dots are in the same positions as the fretted version.' On mine, the side dots are positioned where the fret would hypothetically be, instead of in between hypothetical frets.
  19. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Oh!! I have just seen them in pics and I thought they were in the same position as the fretted. But this makes far more sense