1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

100mV Signal

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Growly Lytes, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Disclosures:
    Bass player
    Hi guys,
    Just trying to get some feedback about my poweramp o/m....
    It states that at each channel has a green led that flashes on the front panel if 100mV is reached.
    The question.....
    Is 100mV a too strong signal as in ' am i pushing the poweramp to hard to achieve 100mV or is 100mV in the territory for proper signal strenth ?
    I can post a copy of the o/m if needed.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If this is a poweramp only then that would be the threshold for lighting the "signal present" LED. Meaning the minimum signal voltage, if you do live sound much and something goes quiet the signal present indicator tells you at a glance if the the fault is before or in/after the poweramp.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

That just let's you know the amp is getting a signal; there are probably red "Peak/Clip" LEDs associated with the green LEDs.
  4. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Disclosures:
    Bass player
    Thanks guys just had me worried that 100mV may be high but the clip leds are next in line & never have lit up....so thanks again !
  5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The "clip" LEDs will tell you if you signal is too hot. Rock on. :)