101 Bass Tips CD needed

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by NightCat, Dec 21, 2013.

1. NightCat

NightCat

I checked out the book 101 Bass Tips by Gary Willis from the library and it has a cracked CD. Totally unplayable.
    Does anyone have this instructional book and would they be willing to send me a copy of the CD? There are some play-along tracks I would like to hear. I would also like to return the Library book with a useable CD, even though it was damaged when I checked it out.
    As far as the instructional book goes, I think it is a very useful book for a beginner to checkout from a library. I'm not sure anyone needs to own in. I consider myself an intermediate player and I learned a few new things.

Send me a PM if you want to share the CD with me.
    Thanks,
    Ross

2. NightCat

NightCat

I'm going to bump this once. I really would like to find someone with a copy of this CD.

3. travese311

travese311

Yeah in the same boat. Bought this online, mailman folded it fit in the mailbox and cracked the cd real good. Looking for a download of the audio on the cd or something.

4. travese311

travese311

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Why didn't you just file a claim and order a new copy?

I checked my books, I don't have it, sorry.

7. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

So you're asking us to violate copyright protection and illegally share this with you, someone who didn't buy the book in the first place?

Why don't you break down and spend $17 on your own copy?

8. travese311

travese311

DIM....I didn't realize how inconvenient it would be to get another one. You can maybe say I was too lazy/too nice to want to file a claim at the time.

I wouldn't want anyone to breaking any law, I just wanted to hear the examples mainly because I haven't ever learned how to read music and the rhythms totally elude a.t.m. Some of the examples don't include any notation at all, so the cd is necessary.

9. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

This is a good book to own in your personal music library. I refer to it from time to time. It's chock full of good advice.

As for "inconvenient" -- what do you mean? Just go to Amazon or Musician's Friend and buy the dang thing. Takes one minute to complete the checkout form.

Asking for someone else to copy their CD and share it is illegal. And it reflects badly on YOU to make such a low-handed request. Don't take money out of Gary's pocket. For crying out loud, it's just $17!!!! I can't believe how people are so blatant about stealing intellectual property.