1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by JustinBeaver, Feb 20, 2014.

1. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Start side project with new guitarist.

"Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth."

:)

3. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

I'm of the opinion that, if you like the playing of the key and guitar #1 player, that merits the courtesy of a conversation with them. Especially since you say yourself "you should have addressed it sooner". Address it now, and see what the response is. If they fix it, great. If not, you get rid of them because, in the end, their behavior is not satisfying your needs any way you look at it.

4. randyripoff

randyripoff

Talk to both of them. Let them know how you're feeling about things. Let them know things need to change. Wait a couple of practices. If things haven't changed, tell them to hit the bricks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

JustinBeaver

maybe start a second band with different members - later on, use the best players from both. Best wishes and good luck

7. BayStateBass

BayStateBass

Option #1. If you don't see immediate changes, option #2.

8. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Once a flake always a flake.

My old drummer was like that. He would cancel practice the day of, always after I had already driven well out of my way to get there. Practice space was 60 miles from my house so it was basically 120 miles out of my way, 2hours in driving, gas money, etc. I would go to a different office for work on practice day just to make the trip to the practice space shorter. If we didn't have practice there was NO reason for me to go to that office.

He was also horrible with time management. He'd go to the bathroom and come back 30 minutes later with a sandwich or something. I wanted to punch him...

Definitely talk to them about it...