1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

$1100 for SVT-4PRO and SWR Big Ben 18'?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Dec 12, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Hey everyone. I have a chance to buy the above items for $1100 though I'm sure I could probably manage to get it for $1000. Now, I just need to know if thats a good price. Both are in near mint condition and work/sound great. Just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off, or maybe this is a steal!
    Thanks!
    Max
  2. Jheake

Jheake

You can find 4pros for as low as $500 used easily, where as that cab probably goes for somewhere in the $300 range normally. I would say that setup to me is worth about 8-900 at most. This is where I live though, if you are in Los Angeles that might be a fair price though.

If the items are in impeccable shape then I could see paying $1000 for them. If they are kinda worn though offer him 800, he will take it most likely.
  3. Abrahampost

Abrahampost

That seems a bit high for the pair... 800 seems like a better price. Be warned that those 18s are hard to resell with out taking a loss on it. I have a bag end 18 I love but it is huge and never goes to gigs for that reason... Stuck with it for life.
  4. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Not a good price... just look up SVT-4 on GC Used Online for a reasonable reference.

I'd probably look at cabs other than Big Ben... it's kind of an old school design.

If that is your budget, you could get the SVT-4 and matching SVT 8x10 (can be found for as low as $350-500) used. That would be a very legit rig.
  5. johnpbass

johnpbass

2 4 Pros on Bass NW used amps page right now. One is $649 the other is $699 with case.
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

We don't know where you are located (simple to fill in on your TB profile). US not so great a deal, other countries could be a different story?