$1100 for SVT-4PRO and SWR Big Ben 18'?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Dec 12, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Hey everyone. I have a chance to buy the above items for $1100 though I'm sure I could probably manage to get it for $1000. Now, I just need to know if thats a good price. Both are in near mint condition and work/sound great. Just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off, or maybe this is a steal!
    Thanks!
    Max
  2. Jheake

Jheake

You can find 4pros for as low as $500 used easily, where as that cab probably goes for somewhere in the $300 range normally. I would say that setup to me is worth about 8-900 at most. This is where I live though, if you are in Los Angeles that might be a fair price though.

If the items are in impeccable shape then I could see paying $1000 for them. If they are kinda worn though offer him 800, he will take it most likely.
  3. Abrahampost

Abrahampost

That seems a bit high for the pair... 800 seems like a better price. Be warned that those 18s are hard to resell with out taking a loss on it. I have a bag end 18 I love but it is huge and never goes to gigs for that reason... Stuck with it for life.
  4. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Not a good price... just look up SVT-4 on GC Used Online for a reasonable reference.

I'd probably look at cabs other than Big Ben... it's kind of an old school design.

If that is your budget, you could get the SVT-4 and matching SVT 8x10 (can be found for as low as $350-500) used. That would be a very legit rig.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnpbass

johnpbass

2 4 Pros on Bass NW used amps page right now. One is $649 the other is $699 with case.
  7. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

We don't know where you are located (simple to fill in on your TB profile). US not so great a deal, other countries could be a different story?