1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

12-27-2012 MF Stupid Deal Of The Day

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by DWBass, Dec 27, 2012.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
  2. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Has anyone had any experience with Alto brand amps? I've never heard of them. Sound like a good deal if it works as promised.
  3. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

12.1 pounds, 45-day return policy...I think you should get 5 of them and tell US how they do. :) Good luck!
  4. froghat

FWIW, their website does not contain the word 'warranty', nor does the product documentation. I called and was told it has a 1-year warranty.
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Hey, can it be any worse than Behringer?? PylePro?? We use several Behringers and have had zero issues. Alto is an upcoming brand. I've seen a local band here that have some of their components. They sound very good. In any case, it's a barebones amp and for $99, it's still a steal. Gonna use it for the practice space.
  6. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Ordered one. A friend has Alto powered PA speaker and likes it.
  7. froghat

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a killer deal; it is. I'm just working it through in my head and hoping someone else might weigh in with experience positive or negative. (FWIW, I think the Behringer EP1500 and EP2500 are very good for the money.)
  8. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Gone. Apparently sold out.

This was a great deal. Lots of features (see the pic of the back) for the $$$.
  9. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Alto is owned by alesis if I am not mistaken