1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

1950's Blonde American Standard Plywood For Sale! Asking 3000$ (case included FREE)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by ZbrowBassNerd, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZbrowBassNerd

ZbrowBassNerd

Howdy!
    For my beautiful 1950's American Standard plywood, my asking price is 3000$! Case included (free because I'll have no use for it!)

Here's this bass's story-
    My father bought this bass for me when I was a kid for 4000$ from David Guage in NYC. The bass's neck was worked on by Arnold Shnitzer many years ago and plays absolutely fantastically! Right now I've got the red tomastics on it for jazz. The bass sounds great both pitz and arco! My teacher Jim Stinnett played the bass and absolutely loved it. He told me that it surely was a quality bass and was in great condition but because I have another double bass that is superior there's no use in it laying around.

The only reason I'm selling this is because I bought myself another electric. If you're wondering why I'm not asking more money for it is because I would like to sell it as quickly as possible so I can pay for the another bass!

I live in Boston MA, near Symphony hall! If you're interested, please contact me by any or all of the following:
    Text/Call: 1-973-224-6031
    Email: SZubrow@berklee.edu

Attached Files:

2. Blackjac97

Blackjac97

I am seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY interested in this bass. I am taking a trip to Boston within the month, and if this bass is still available, I would love to meet up with you to try it out. I cannot tell you how happy and excited I am to be looking at this ad!!

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Media:
    I've been told that the bass has been sold. Since the thread was started before the forum migration, it is not possible to mark it as such under the new software. The thread will be locked unless my information is in error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.