1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1967 Guild Starfire Bass project.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Curtis Novak, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Curtis Novak

Curtis Novak

Disclosures:
    Pickup Artist at Curtis Novak Classic Pickups
    Just acquired a completly stripped 1967 Starfire bass. Boss is very resonant and should be a good projects. I am in need of the following hardware.

Tunning keys
    Truss rod cover
    Strap buttons
    Bridge
    Knobs

Also some diagrams of the wiring harness.

Thanks,
    curtis
  2. Mungi

Mungi Supporting Member

What a great project! I guess it will get your own bisonic pickups. Please do post pics later on. The hardware turn up on ebay from time to time. You can also check with Hagström in Sweden if they have some NOS parts left http://www.hagstromparts.se/
  3. Mungi

Mungi Supporting Member

4. krysh

krysh

5. Mr.Fingers

Mr.Fingers

The wiring is pretty straightforward, as it is just a regular VVTT wiring, with the master-volume on the lower horn and the choke switch, which is a thing with a coil of 4 Henries, like the Gibson EB2/Epiphone Rivoli.

http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/EB2D.PDF
    This is the wiring from the EB2D, only thing you need to add is a volume-pot working with the lead-wire coming from the 3-way switch and going to the output jack. Pot values are
  6. T-34

T-34

Pot values are?
  7. Major Softie

Major Softie

There goes that damn NSA again.

Must be an industrial secret.
  8. T-34

T-34

Well, the values are in the PDF :D

(completely unrelated to the subject) Heads-up for Curtis: I've had the pleasure to install your pickups into customers' basses and think they are great! The last one was an EB-AA "Fatbucker" used as an upgrade for a Korean JB clone "Young Chang", this pickup completely transformed the instrument!

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work!
  9. Curtis Novak

Curtis Novak

Disclosures:
    Pickup Artist at Curtis Novak Classic Pickups
    Thanks for all the help!
    Here are some pics. I am very excited about his project. I was sure I was going to find a neck reset or repair generally that is the case when you find a stripped set neck insturment, but that was not the case. It is in great shape and extreamly resonant both neck and body. I am debating on routing it for a bridge pickup since it is at this place already what do you all think?

curtis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. FrednBass

FrednBass

Looking forward to see it completed
  11. Mungi

Mungi Supporting Member

I would go with the bridge pup for sure. I actually have one myself. Got it on ebay. The bridge pup was added in -74. It's a bisonic, not a Darkstar. I am adding a buffer, two varitones, a choke and a mid booster next.

[​IMG]