1968 Guild Starfire II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by maury912, Apr 4, 2014.

1. maury912

maury912

OK here is a bass I got from ebay not too long ago but a recent major purchase is forcing a sale. This bass is a 1968 guild Starfire II.

Well start with the bad first: This bass was caught in Katrina and I'm guessing was pretty rough when the owner found it in the wreckage. He loved the bass enough to get it working again. The basses body is pretty ugly there was a chunk missing that was repaired. The finish on the top is pretty beat and the headstock veneer is shrunk/peeling.

The good: this bass has the original hagstrom bisonics in working order(the pole pieces seem to be frozen but I feel like that could be fixed). The wiring was all went through and replaced(though there seems to be some ground hum). The neck appears to be the least affected part and looks great. The bass functions as it should.It sounds great and it plays even better. The bridge functions great and looks good down to the rosewood saddles.

I really like this bass it may look ugly but functions great. Its sporting a fresh set of TI flats.

I'm asking $1100 shipped but I am willing to take offers/ trades

Trades I'm interested in:
    Sunn 2000s
    Ampeg b15r
    One of those fender super twin heads people have been making.

Something else along those lines? The worst I can say is no.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

any cracks or breaks? pm sent

3. maury912

maury912

There was a chunk missing around the lower horn of the body that was repaired. Other then that no crack or breaks I can see.

4. maury912

maury912

Major price drop for a quick sale. $1100 shipped

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. maury912

maury912

$1000 or nearest offer bump

7. maury912

maury912

8. rohanarchy

rohanarchy Supporting Member

For the record I'm SUPER BUMMED I didn't see this earlier, as in severely depressed..
    New owner if you decide it's not your thing PLEASE let me know!

Thanks fellas!