1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

1969/70 Ampeg Blueline SVT w/two cabs!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gbazinet, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gbazinet

gbazinet

I always wanted an SVT but they are more amp then I need for the gigs we play. As far as i can tell with the help of members here it is a 1969/70 first run model. It has the infamous tube relay and 6146b power tubes. Blueline graphics.

It works well and I gig/practice with it about once a week. But it still has some original caps and likely should be serviced before any major touring. All the knobs and switches work. All inputs work. The power switch looks to have been changed at some point. A newer 3prong cord was added as well.

I just installed NOS GE 6146b tubes and a new fan. I have the old tubes and fan included. Otherwise i have not done much to it over the past three years. Mostly just plugged in and played.

The amp comes with a road case AND a 1970's Ampeg square back 8x10 in decent condition. It has 4 original CTS speakers and 4 Jensen Mods. I also put on a new grill from fliptops.org. I ALSO have a Ampeg 410hlf to sweeten the deal for the gigs where you just don't need a huge cab.

Obviously I will be answering a lot of questions on this as they come in. At the moment the amp is at our practice space so any specific questions may take some time. I am located in southern Maine but am willing to drive a bit for SERIOUS buyers.

I'm looking to get $2100 for the head, road case and the two cabs. Most likely not looking for trades but I am a sucker for vintage stuff so you may as well ask. I've been looking for a vintage Orange OR120...

Here are some photos I took when i first bought the amp and opened it up for the amp forum guys to help me date it. It has since been cleaned up somewhat by a tech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gbazinet

gbazinet

I will entertain offers on single items if you don't want the whole lot.

3. Alex1984

Alex1984

I want a blueline with 6146B so badly...

4. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

If you decide you'd like to entertain shipping the 8x10, contact me. I just had one shipped from NYC to St. Louis successfully and I'd love another.
    Thanks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gbazinet

gbazinet

Looks like I may end up keeping the old SVT/Bump

7. Alex1984

Alex1984

Sigh, I want the blueline!

8. gbazinet

gbazinet

9. gbazinet

gbazinet

SOLD. Going to Canada!

10. gbazinet

gbazinet

I still have the Ampeg 410hlf. $200 For a local sale if you want it!