1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1969 Kustom K200B-2 / UPDATE

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Shakedown and rehabbing are complete. The results.

Great guitar amp. Found just the right blend of reverb, tremolo and cranked bass for a great sound. Ended up playing for a couple of hours, way more than I've played 6 string guitar in over a year.

Great bass amp. But only up to medium volume. Won't knock the walls down, but a nice vintage sound up to medium, maybe medium plus volume.
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

I cleaned and detailed everything. Serviced and lubed all controls. Every control, including the foot switch, works well. Here's one of the original un-reconed '69 15 inch Jensens. At first, I thought there was a problem with what appeared to be a tear or split in the paper. I then realized that was where they were seemed together. No rubs or other problems and spec out to be just under 16 ohms.

Very happy with this find. :)
  3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Here's one of the interior of the head and one of the bottom half of the cab.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, I have CTS speakers with cone seams in my Super Reverb, too. Freaked me out the first time I saw it. Very nice job, Oren!
  5. voided3

voided3

I used to own several 60's Kustom cabinets. The Jensens were intended to be used for guitar only so they don't have the bass response of the CTS or JBL equipped models, though being in a ported cabinet helps. I owned one 2x15" with the Jensens and two 2x15"s with the CTS drivers and there was a very noticeable difference in low end (CTS had much more; could even play a low B cleanly on a five string). I only used the Jensen cab for guitar. I still own two K200 heads, though. They are great amps for either guitar or bass.
  6. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Thanks for the comps, my Floridian friend. I love rehabbing gear. That seem sure scared me at first. I knew that the speakers sounded good since I'd already played it. Then I saw that seem and said "Oh crap." Not so though!
  7. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

About 4 months ago, I picked up a '70 Kustom K200B-1 bass rig in white sparkle. It has the rare, customer requested, JBL D140F orange & gray Fender labeled 15's. As you say, major difference for bass with those speakers. :cool: