1970`s Royal King EUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HosMan, Apr 6, 2014.

1. HosMan

HosMan Los! Zum dritten Mal denn! Supporting Member

I did a search,but turned up no information on this handsome electronic upright bass.

MAKE: ---Royal
    MODEL: --Upright Fretless Electric
    FINISH: --Natural Mahogany
    TYPE: ----Upright Bass Guitar,Short Scale
    MFG YEAR:1970`s
    MADE IN:-USA

Here`s a description:
    Upright Fretless Electric Bass Guitar, One of four made by C.Edwin Rouch Venice Florida. This unit is made of Mahogany with a 30" Scale length, the unit is 49" overall and 5.5" at the widest point @ 6.5lbs. I have been unable to locate Mr Rouch on the net to verify this info but: Appears to be early 70,s, one of four made as told to me by the current owner. Nicely made piece, Hand Gold lettered Headstock Labeled "Royal King", very unusual pickup with a nice clear sound with a "built in" adjustable height and tilting stand. Tag on back says "C. Edwin Rouch Venice Florida".

Need it like another hole in my head. :rolleyes: Anybody?

Attached Files:

2. HosMan

Here`s a couple more pics.

FWIW ;)

Attached Files:

3. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

a good looker, no matter what

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Remember reading about one of these not too long ago if the price is right I would go for it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. HosMan

Thanks for the feedback,fellas. I`m seriously considering it.Seller is listing it at a very reasonable price,excellent condition and...well,aren`t we all a double bass player way down inside? :smug:

Mind you,I am still a`scared-ed...fretless,markerless...all that nekkid bass neck,hope I`m man enough to handle her. :confused:

If I am unable to afford this EUB,I`ll certainly PM the link to any TBers who are interested.

Attached Files:

7. HosMan

Decided the Royal King is not for me(at this time at least). Even though I think it`s a beautiful instrument at a very fair price.So....
    Anybody interested in this EUB feel free to PM me for the listing`s link.(I believe I`m not allowed to post links to online sales on the TB publlic forums.)
    Thanks!
    HosMan