1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

1970 Traynor Super Custom Special YBA-3A

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by weidnca, Mar 28, 2014.

1. weidnca

weidnca

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi!

I'm looking for a little info...I'm looking to buy the above head, but not quite sure what the "going" price would be (I know - "going" price is up to the buyer)....NOS tubes, caps, and has grounded AC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

There is no "going" price on used items, it can vary wildly depending on the usual stuff.

Besides that, as you are not a Supporting Member we can not provide you with that kind of hard data, anyway. Become a Supporting Member and the world will open up to you. ;)

3. Sponsored by:

4. RC52

RC52

Apr 10, 2010
    Laurens, SC
    Good luck with the hunt. That's a great amp !

5. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

Feb 10, 2009
    That particular model is the rarest and most powerful of the old tube Traynors. It uses an unusual power tube, 6KG6A television tubes. If it works well w/o issues I would think anything less than a grand would be getting a deal. Looks wide and heavy, but it'll be worth it!
    http://www.andrewsamplab.com/Amp Photo Gallery/traynor_yba3a.htm

If you don't end up buying it, send me the details :).

6. weidnca

weidnca

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi, Jeff!

I've seen quite a few users who are not "supporting" members, but receive feedback as though they are...thanks for the info, just the same.

7. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Did you ever end up getting the YBA3A? I've been looking for one for years.