1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

1970's Electra Rick copy psuedo-project

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gushtone, Jan 22, 2014.

1. gushtone

gushtone

Hi folks, here's a super cool project for someone that does not want to shell out for a vintage Rick. It's a 70's Electra bolt on neck Rick copy. IT actually plays great in the lower to mid registers as-is, and it sounds fantastic. Gorgeous flames in the maple neck and cool ripples on the body.
    Note: I have been trading gear in good standing on TheGearPage.net since 2004 as gushtone, and on eBay since 1999 (I think), also as gushtone.
    Here's the deal:
    1) Neck has a slight hump where it meets the body. Might be addressed by leveling the frets there. It could possibly be addressed by a truss rod adjustment, but I can't tell if the truss rod works because the allen head slot is stripped. Anyway, it could use a luthier's touch to get it right. WOrst case you leave the truss alone, pop out 5 or 6 frets,shave it a bit and pop the frets back in. Regardless, I think there are a few options on how to do it. Absolute worst case you play it how it is, which I did.
    Example: https://soundcloud.com/kennyma-1/superhero/s-IBQ91
    This tune is this bass, as-is, I cut it with this bass straight into a '66 Fender Bassman head/cab, bridge pickup only. Played in it's current setup. It has a killer tone IMHO.

2) Neck pickup is on the fritz. It was working when I got it but went silent at some point. Could be any number of things, including a bad pickup. Don't know.
    I think that's it. I believe all the original parts are present except for the truss rod cover screws (there's some odd ones on there).

Its actually a great sounding, fun to play bass with a ton of vintage mojo. It can wail as is, or could be pretty badass with a little work.

$300 shipped to your door in a worthless old water damaged hard shell case from another MIJ bass I had. It will get it to you safely and you can toss it.
    Peace,
    Kenny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Man,that has some potential!

BTW-your soundcloud clip is locked

4. The EH Man

The EH Man Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    2nd dibs if xhawk5 passes

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Got the cash, waiting on a reply. Off to work... :bassist:

8. gushtone

gushtone

Sorry gang, my PM's are not coming through to my email. Will respond in order, and agreed, it has some serious potential, I am just short on time, space and $ ;-)
    Peace...

9. gushtone

gushtone

PS: Sound clip unlocked. Sorry ;:)

10. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Next in line I guess...

11. alembicguy

alembicguy Lone Wolf Miner

12. The EH Man

The EH Man Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    yep. Xhawk5 passed and I sent payment earlier.

13. gushtone

gushtone

Hi gang, yes, sold to The EH Man. Thanks! I will clean up this ad shortly.
    Peace...