1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

1972 Fender Jazz Bass Neck (4-Bolt)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by thebrian, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

SOLD!

1972 Fender Jazz Neck
    Includes Original String Tree/Screw

Neck stamp reads "7 MAR 72 A". The back of the neck is pretty clean - only minor knicks/dings. The face of the headstock looks to have been oversprayed at some point (on the front only - the back of the neck/headstock is the original finish), which made the original decal a little darker and it has some "crackling" (for lack of a better word) which you can see in the pics (in the link below). You can see an outline of the letters "B" "R" & "O" on the headstock, which must have been stickers there at one point. No cracks, No extra screw holes, No mods, No repairs.

The frets are original, they are very level, and have lots of life left. The truss rod functions great and turns in both directions. It can still be tightened (or loosened) a lot more if ever necessary in the future. I was playing this neck for several months, up until this week (I swapped it out for a vintage fretless neck), and the relief was perfect where the truss rod is now. I had the action extremely low and the neck had no dead notes anywhere. Very comfortable.

If you look at the 2nd to last pic in the link below (looking down the neck from the nut), you can see this neck has a slight upward curve to it (just at the base). I never noticed this (and never would have) until I took that pic to sell the neck.. and I played it a lot. It never affected the playability whatsoever. The fretboard is straight and the frets are level. The neck intonated just fine too. I personally guarantee this neck will play as I described it or I will gladly give a refund (within 7 days after you receive it).

These necks regularly sell for $1000+ on ebay. This is a cool opportunity to get an awesome playing and feeling vintage Jazz neck for a great price!

Click Here For All The Pics (12)

$799 OBO Shipped (CONUS)
    Paypal or Money Order Accepted
    Shipping will be w/ USPS (unless you request another service), fully insured, and will include a tracking #.
    *I will ship international (depending on the country and their regulations) for an additional charge and some conditions may apply. Please PM me for details.

2. thebrian

3. thebrian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.