1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

1973 Fender Telecaster Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smcd, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

For sale is my 1973 Fender Telecaster bass. It's in perfect operating order, unmodified and original condition. The action is low and it plays great.

If you look at the photos below you'll see that the finish has some crazing, and the original blonde color (seen under the pickguard) has darkened over the last 39 years. There are no major dents or dings, and the finish has a small chip on the bottom of the bass near the strap button. The pots and the serial number on the backplate decode to 1973. The neck - if I'm reading it right - seems to identify it as being made in 1971. I don't know if I've got that right or not.

I've owned this bass since 1993. It comes with the original hardshell case shown. It weighs 9lbs, 1-1/2 oz., which, in my opinion, is light for a 70's Fender. The neck pocket has gaps on either side (not uncommon for 70's Fenders), but I've never had any problems with the neck moving. The bridge cover is a replacement I bought 10-15 years ago, and though period correct, is not original to the bass.

Price: $1,750 shipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]