1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD 1974 Gibson EB-3L

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Edb, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edb

Edb

I just don’t have the time to play right now; and when I do play, I suck. I’m selling off all my basses but one, just in case I get the bug again. Here’s what I got:

Rare vintage 1974 Gibson EB-3L.
    Vibe for days. Super clean. 34” scale. The deal with this bass is that it had an accident earlier this year. I sold it here on TB and @#$%^! FedEx dropped it during shipping, snapping the headstock. Between the buyer, Fedex and me, we got the refunding and what-not all squared away and I got the bass back. I had the headstock repaired professionally at Killer Vintage guitars in St. Louis – the best in STL. Their luthier did a FANTASTIC job on it. It is back in playing condition and sounds amazing. The case is super clean, too. A great chance to get a sweet, vintage bass for a lot less than market price.
    $700 shipped CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the pic below, the white line above the "O" in the Gibson logo is a scratch, not a crack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can see where the headstock was cracked. What shame! It's back in business now though...

[​IMG]

A ding on the back...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Edb

Edb

3. Arch58

Arch58 Bottom End Unit Supporting Member

Killer Bass Bump!!!!! If only this was after the holidays.......great price too. GLWTS!!

4. klyph

klyph

Wow. Is the case original? If it is, that's the cleanest 40-year old case I've ever seen! If this was shortscale, I'd be thinkin' hard about it; this is a great deal.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Edb

Edb

Yes, the case is original.

7. Edb

Edb

8. Edb

Edb

Sold on Ebay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.