1975/76 Fender Jazz Bass Body (Semi-Loaded)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by thebrian, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Well.. this one time.. at band camp..
    SOLD!

[​IMG]

1975/76 Fender Jazz Bass Body
    Original Custom Color Black Finish
    Includes Neck Plate, PG & Other Original Parts!

Here's a cool vintage Black Jazz body with lots of natural wear and finish checking. This one didn't sit in a closet all its life! Lots of dings and scratches, dull spots in the clear coat, and player's wear, but no cracks or breaks. Overall a nice solid original '70s body! It's made of ash. It's not light, but not real heavy either - 6.3 lbs. (unloaded). That means it'll end up at about 10-10.5 lbs. as a full bass. So not a boat anchor, but not too girly either.

The ser. # is 692XXX (late '75 or early '76). This was one of the earlier 3-bolt Jazzes because it still has the ser. # stamped on the neck plate, which is original to this body. They both show a clear "footprint" (see pic in link below), which is why I did not want to separate those parts.

The body has 2 extra thumbrest holes which are covered by the pickguard. The 3 control plate screw holes, as well as 1 pickguard screw hole look to have been drilled out wider and then filled in. Nothing can be seen with the control plate and pickguard installed, and all the screws still get tight. So it's a cosmetic thing that you can't see. Also, there's an outline (in the finish, not the wood) of a BadAss II bridge that was once installed.

The body will come with these ORIGINAL PARTS (all screws are original and also included):
    • "F" Neck Plate (w/ stamped ser. #)
    • Pickguard (3-Ply B/W/B)
    • Control Plate
    • Strap buttons

Click Here For All The Pics (14)

I priced the body at what I think is really fair, considering the extra vintage parts are worth ~$200 on their own.
    $525 OBO Shipped (CONUS)
    Paypal or Money Order Accepted
    Shipping will be w/ USPS (unless you request another service), fully insured, and will include a tracking #.
    *I will ship international (depending on the country and their regulations) for an additional charge and some conditions may apply. Please PM me for details.

2. Vitamin J

Vitamin J Supporting Member

3. thebrian

Disclosures:
    Well.. this one time.. at band camp..
    PM replied.

4. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. thebrian