1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD 1976 fender Precision sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Relic, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

I have a '76 P bass here that I'm looking to trade.
    Long story short, between two hurricanes and a son's college tuition, I don't have the cash left to go out and buy a new toy.. :meh: hence the trade aspect... So with that, no direct sale for now, trade only please.

About this bass:
    I know it's a 76, but I'm not the first owner so I cannot attest to it having all of it's original parts. I replaced only the pickups. The pick up was some aftermarket, dimarzio maybe and not an original Fender, so I replaced it with a Lindy Fralin 7% overwound and it's sounds phenomenal. Ballsy low end with that sweet mid-range crunch, real nice.
    It has a brass nut and the neck itself is nice - no issues that I can see. It plays nice.
    Finish has some cracking here and there as you'd expect from an older work horse like this but there is no wear-through or structural issues
    Two negatives - underneath the pickguard there's some space routed out. If I had to guess, I'd wager that somewhere along the line someone tried EMG's or some other active gadget that required a battery. Whatever it was is long gone now and the pickguard covers the routing. The other anomaly is that it looks like there was maybe a badass bridge on it at one point - you can see it's outline in the finish around the present bridge.
    Otherwsise, it looks good, plays good and sounds amazing.

My wish list:
    Rick basses (4003, 4001, 4003s), Guild Starfire, Fender Coronado, Gretsch basses (older), older Vox stuff - Sidewinder, Phantom, etc

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

3. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

that burst is awesome! :eek:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Whoa whoa whoa... NICE ASH!!

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Bump! Have had many nice offers, (thank you guys) But in as far as trades go, I'm really looking for another classic type bass: Ricks, (even if beat to heck), Hofners, Gretsch, hollow body Guilds. I would also consider a combo Eastwood bass or Epiphone Casady bass + cash. To sell outright $1100 + 50 shipping?

8. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Pretty much ready to pull the trigger. PM sent.

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

that burst isnt corrent for a 70's fender. refin?

10. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Had several PM's asking questions about this one. In as far as being an example of an all-original P bass, nah I definitely couldn't claim that. I really bought it for the look, feel and sound so that's how I'd like to offer it in turn. The serial number def indicates a 76 though.

In going over this bass, it looks to me as though at some point in the distant past, it was converted to active electronics (hence the routing for battery and maybe a booster) then later reconverted back to passive, and refinished to a more original type appearance. Some very faint age cracking in the finish leads me to suspect that this was done some time ago...

12. brekfustuvluzer

brekfustuvluzer

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Fender tweed gig bag or for a little more I can include a heavy duty flight case

14. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Bumping a beauty. Can't do this right now. Someone should! GLWTS. :bassist:

15. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Payment sent! The pressure is off - this one is headed West!

Thanks Relic.

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.