1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1976 Musicmaster!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cavesinger, Feb 6, 2013.

1. cavesinger

cavesinger

I just recently bought a 1976 Fender Musicmaster that is in near perfect shape and was working the first week i had it. Now everytime i try to record it it sounds muddy and dull. I recorded with it the first week i had it and it sounded great, it was punchy and clear with a good amount of high end. Now it just sounds like i turned all the high end off and put distortion on it. What could be the problem? And how much would it be to get something like this fixed? It seems as though the tone knob just stopped working.
  2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Hi cavesinger,

hmmmmmm ...

I don't think it's a problem of the Musicmaster ...
    There is just a coil, two pots and a capacitor in it. There is no reason why one of the pots or the capacitor should have gone bad during the last week. It is (nearly) impossible, that your recorder damaged the bass "electronic" (stone age electronic).

Maybe you have a different setup at your recorder or used the wrong input???