1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

1976 Rickenbacker 3000 -$1000 at Pawn?? Buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pasive, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Pasive

Pasive

Just trying to get some thoughts. What do you think this bass guitar used is worth, and what you think I should bid on it for. It is in good condition at a local pawn shop.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

What is it worth threads are only for supporting members, sorry. This thread will probably get deleted because of that. That said, I can say you would probably be safe buying it at that price.

3. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

That sounds like a fair price to me, though I'm no Ric expert. Make sure everything works on it first. Usually pointing out some flaws can get pawn shop prices to drop at least a *bit*.

Good luck!

4. woodyng

woodyng

These are pretty rare,(the only Rick short scale bass -30"),so if it is in really good condition,that's probably not a bad price at all.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. booke23

booke23

Yes, these are pretty rare these days. So much so that they are a bit hard to value accurately.

Probably not a bad price, but bear in mind that these were Rickenbacker's attempt at an entry level bass....No thru neck on a 3000. For similar money you could pick up a used 4003 which technically is a better bass, but not rare.