1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

1976 Rickenbacker 3000 -$1000 at Pawn?? Buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pasive, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Pasive

Pasive

Mar 23, 2014
    Just trying to get some thoughts. What do you think this bass guitar used is worth, and what you think I should bid on it for. It is in good condition at a local pawn shop.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

What is it worth threads are only for supporting members, sorry. This thread will probably get deleted because of that. That said, I can say you would probably be safe buying it at that price.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

Apr 19, 2011
    Metro Atlanta
    That sounds like a fair price to me, though I'm no Ric expert. Make sure everything works on it first. Usually pointing out some flaws can get pawn shop prices to drop at least a *bit*.

Good luck!

5. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    These are pretty rare,(the only Rick short scale bass -30"),so if it is in really good condition,that's probably not a bad price at all.

6. booke23

booke23

Jan 20, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Yes, these are pretty rare these days. So much so that they are a bit hard to value accurately.

Probably not a bad price, but bear in mind that these were Rickenbacker's attempt at an entry level bass....No thru neck on a 3000. For similar money you could pick up a used 4003 which technically is a better bass, but not rare.