1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

1977 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tbox, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbox

Tbox Supporting Member

I have for sale a 1977 Fender Jazz Bass in pretty good condition. It has your normal nicks and belt buckle rash for a vintage guitar. The neck has no nicks. I don't have the bridge cover or pickup cover. I just put a new set of D'Addario medium strings on it. It plays and sounds great. The serial # is S7 with 5 digits following signifying 1977. I also have a picture of the volume pot number. Comes with the original case and the latches work.

I included a picture of the top frets to show the fret wear. Eveything is original Except the knobs of course, and the neck is straight. I checked the truss rod and it moved a little, so it appears to be ok. Also at the top of the inlay block there is a small slit in the rosewood. Not bad at all, just trying to point out all details.

I'm new here, but have many good transactions on eBay with 186 100% positive, username Boxguitar.
    Also good dealings on the Gear Page as Tbox52 and the Dr Z forum as Tbox.

I'm asking "let's try $1750 Paypal/Shipped"

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

Where are you located? Thanks.
  3. slickbass3

slickbass3

Do you have original knobs? Any other parts changed or replaced?
  4. codsack

codsack

Can you post the weight and pot dates? Any re soldering on the pots?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. extreme

extreme

Where's the crack in the fingerboard? Between the nut and 1st fret?
  7. Tbox

Tbox Supporting Member

I'm located in Meridian, MS. I don't have the original knobs. Everything else is original. There is a picture of the volume pot that signifies the date and there is no resoldering. It's not exactly a crack in the fretboard at the top, more like a slit in the wood grain. There is a sticker on the bottom of the pick guard that has the same number as is on the headstock. It weighed about 10.5 on my bathroom scale. I have dropped the price again.
  8. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

PM's sent
  9. Tbox

Tbox Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.