1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

1978 Fender Music Master

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 26, 2014.

1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Fender Musicmaster-

All original electronics, custom British Racing Green color; professionally refinished by Specimen Products which wasn't cheap.

Some wear and tear, a few chips in the finish, small ding in neck that doesn't affect play-ability but I photographed it. The body was drilled at one point for a bigsby bridge. This was taken off and the original bridge installed. It left holes in the body so I filled them and block sanded the body. I sent it off to paint and they told me my prep work on the holes was going to leave them a little shallow looking unless they spent another $100 tweaking it, I said spray it as I was already getting deep into this project money wise. As you can see if you look closely you can see the holes, big deal in my opinion I had to get close and use flash to display them. The nut was recently replaced and the whole guitar set up. It is a nicely cut nut and was done because the guitar was strung left, there is a extra strap pin on the lower horn other then that no weird stuff was done when it was played left just those 2 mods, the original nut had been flipped when it was used lefty but it was so worn out I just replaced it.

Its a sweet guitar and I really have enjoyed having it. The neck is fantastic and very clean as you can see.

This isn't a 60s fender strat so there is no value destroyed with a refinish , if anything it makes it worth more but I priced it at what a plain jane black one goes for, which this use to be. This is a vintage guitar you can tweak and not worry about slashing the resale value as musicmasters are not collectibles.

This a players guitar, but it was never abused. I doubt there is a better playing musicmaster out there, this plays effortlessly The original cases on these are extremely hard to find,most have been destroyed and its a shortscale guitar so strat cases done work. One in this shape is worth over $150 its clean and has the fender logo still intact.

This is who refinished it

http://www.specimenproducts.com/stringed-instruments/

This is a total bass players guitar because it has a thick neck that makes it not feel so foreign to my hands.

$650 Shipped CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Epidrake

Epidrake

Am I not seeing a price? I read through this several times but my eyes aren't what they used to be.
  3. A-Step-Towards

$675 shipped, its right above the first photo
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. Epidrake

Epidrake

Doesn't show up on mobile app. Sorry. Thanks.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

final drop at $650 shipped
  7. A-Step-Towards

I also have a 1980 fender strat that I am going to sell, killer looking black and maple
  8. A-Step-Towards

9. A-Step-Towards

I am going to be out of town for 3 weeks from July 10th to August 1st, I can ship anything that sells the 8th and 9th before leaving town on the 10th.

In order to have less crap to store and deal with when I get back I am willing to take 10% off everything posted above, if sold and shipped before I go, once I go the stuff can ship for 3 weeks and the price goes back up
  10. A-Step-Towards

Bump, heading out tomorrow at around 8am my time, if I get payment by then I can ship out on my way out of town.
  11. A-Step-Towards