1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD 1980/1979 Music Man Stingray

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stevewd, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevewd

Stevewd

Neck stamp says 1980 but it is made with some earlier parts/specs so that's why I'm calling it 1980/1979. Has strings through the body, earlier bridge with the offset holes, headstock decal is earlier position I think, 3 bolt neck. The preamp is not epoxy coated. Weight around 11 lbs.

Scrape on bottom edge of body, minor buckle indentations in finish on back, a little corrosion on neck plate, missing foam mutes. I believe the bass pot was replaced in the 80's sometime.There are some string marks on the body end of the fretboard. A previous owner had been playing it with strings too low and an improper truss rod setting. It has been professionally set-up and plays and sounds great. It breaks my heart to sell it but Papa needs a new pair of shoes.

The case is a bit of folk art. Very rough but great "character" on the outside. Inside is surprising well preserved. Still pretty sturdy and I will pack it well.

Asking $1750 shipped, firm. PayPal only.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10364820/

2. Stevewd

Stevewd

3. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

There are no photos on your Imageshack page...

4. Stevewd

Stevewd

Thanks for the heads up. Just learning how to use the Album feature on their website. It should work now.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stevewd

Stevewd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.