1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

1980 Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coryt, Mar 5, 2014.

1. coryt

coryt Supporting Member

This is a players bass.
    Lots of dings and paint chips. There is a piece of missing binding by the lower strap button. The worst areas are the headstock and again the area around the lower strap button. I've tried to show these areas in the pictures.
    The original pickups work fine and are included. I swapped them out for a set of Joe Barden R-4000 pickups. These also work great. No permanent mods were required, and it can be returned to original if you want. There is an extra switch on the pickguard, I'm not sure what it's for, I'm assuming its one of those 4001 mods but I'm not sure; I don't know much about those kind of mods or how to tell what it is.
    Despite its rough exterior, the bass works great. The neck has very low action with no buzz. The frets still have many years left in them. The electronics work 100% as they should, including the Rick-o-sound.
    Comes with the original case which is in exceptional condition and is 100% functional. I'm assuming whomever played this bass for most of its life used an aftermarket case to preserve the original, its in that nice of shape. The pickup cover and its thumb screws are also included as is a long TRS cable with a TRS to 2xTS splitter for the Rick-o-sound.

Weighs 9 lbs.

Asking $1300 plus shipping from Saskatoon SK Canada, postal code S7H 0X7. Shipping dimensions will be around 50"x17"x6" and 28lbs.

Pics are here:

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/ctremeer/library/Rick 4003?sort=3&page=1
  2. coryt

coryt Supporting Member

3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    LOVE them like this....wish you were up for a trade
  4. Ninja>Pirate

Ninja>Pirate Supporting Member

Hahahaha also selling an old Rick with mojo, but in Regina Saskatchewan. Small world, good luck with sale!
  5. Register to disable this ad