1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

1980's Cort B2A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Onemanbanned, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

What we have here is a Cort B2A in excellent condition made overseas in the 1980's.

It's loaded with EMG "Performer Series" active pickups set in a P/J configuration. Selectable active/passive switch with a preamp. It doesn't give you much gain but it is a decent unit. You won't lose your signal if you are in the middle of a gig to change the battery. LED turns on when switched to active mode. Stacked knob for treble and bass boost. Trim pot gain inside for the preamp level.

General scratches throughout. Just under 7lbs. 34" scale, I don't know what the radius is. Width at nut is 1-3/4", 2-5/16" at base. The string anchor is set more underneath the top of the neck as opposed to Hohner and Steinberger basses.

Maple body, neck is solid maple, rosewood fingerboard. Frets in excellent shape. Steinberger licensed tuners which keep remarkable tune. These basses do not nor have a pullout leg rest. They are more curved than Hohner or Steinberger XL's and rest on your leg like traditional basses. I used a tiny bean bag to steady it in place along with the fuzzy velcro dots attached on the control side. These basses all have a tendency to have scratchy pots. This one is no different. I have not adjusted the truss rod.

It takes a little getting used to as it seems a bit of a far reach to the first to third frets as opposed to a more traditional bass. This is because the bridge is set closer to your body. They also have a tendency to tilt forward so a hand on the bass is always a good idea.

It's a must-have for traveling or simply playing on the couch. You can play it without an amp on the couch and still hear well enough. Take it out on a boat and if you lose power to your motor, you can use it as an oar. (just kidding)

Comes with the DoscoSport gun case pictured (careful at T.S.A. checkpoints!). I don't have a gig bag for it but a soft gun case from an outdoor adventure supply house would do the trick.

More pictures via email.

$300.00 shipped lower 48 CONUS only.

Attached Files:

2. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

If I don't get an offer today, I'm keeping it bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.