1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

1980's Fender Precision Bass 57RI - E Series - MIJ Japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jsr914, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

The mid-80's Fender Japan basses (P & J) are among my all time favorites. Great value to quality ratio. I have owned about 15-20 of them over the years.

This one is a very clean example. E6 serial - fairly early PB 57 reissue. I have owned it for about a year. I have an original 1964 p and a number of AVRI p-basses and this one holds up remarkably well when played side-by-side with its more expensive counterparts.

All original under the hood. Added gold pickguard - original one ply white pickguard included. Vintage style threaded saddle bridge. Drilled for pickup covers and tug bar. Maple neck with clean back, headstock and frets. Body in great shape. Light scratches and swirls but no chips or dings.

Approximately 8.5 - 9 lbs. Will confirm. I believe these were all 1.625 at the nut, will also confirm. Strung with GHS flats.

Only defect I can find is that the bridge cover is ever so slightly askew - drilled by prior owner.

Asking $525 including shipping CONUS. Also comes with an average condition older SKB case. Additional pictures can be taken and sent upon request. Please PM me with any questions. Local sale available in So Cal. Trades are possible up or down - but only for 4 string, passive instruments. Thanks!

black pb 01a.jpg

black pb 04a.jpg
  2. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

3. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

4. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member