1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

1982 Schecter custom limited edition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gratefulJED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. gratefulJED

gratefulJED

That's what I have. What I don't have is much info. Looks to be a custom limited edition - maple body and neck - rosewood(?) fingerboard - gold hardware - 2 pots, one of which is push/pull - I don't know about the tone knob - is it supposed to be push/pull too?. Anybody know what the pups are? I bought it off a friend years ago who was closing his shop, and I don't play the bass. I don't think it has been played very much, in fact he put the strap buttons on it when he gave it to me. I have searched and have come up with nothing on the net. At least these pics will be out there now. Maybe I should start playing, except this thing is heavy! All info appreciated. Here are some pics, enjoy, and here is the link to all the pics:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/10551448_bKSGJd#!i=735578199&k=qNHzzfm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. timmus

timmus

jeezus...the wood is beautiful...solid maple. That thing must go 13 pounds. The brass alone has to account for two or more pounds.

Nice axe...

3. justdave42

justdave42

4. Doctor J

Doctor J

Wow, that is spectacular. Start playing. Start playing now.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

You have to be a supporting member to ask "how much is my bass worth?" questions.

That aside - that's an absolutely stunning bass!

7. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm all about vintage Schecter basses and have owned a few. That is hands down the most beautiful I have seen.

NICE!

Michael

8. gratefulJED

gratefulJED

Thanks everyone - she really is a looker - suppose all unplayed gits are! I took out the worth question from my original post. Sorry to the mods about that. I just can't find any pics or anything on this particular model except the fact there were some customs put out there in that era.

9. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Schecter was a full custom shop back then and as far as I know every bass was unique. If you feel like it, take the pickups out and see if the body was made by Boogie Bodies. A lot of the 70's Schecters were Schecter necks on Boogie Bodies bodies.

Michael

10. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

I have an 86 Schecter P in Black/Maple and it's a very good, well built bass. Never seen one with this custom level of wood, but that thing is nice!

11. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Ah, a thread after my own heart: a bass from the good old days, when Schecters were seriesly drool-worthy! Dat dere's a winner.

12. kcole4001

kcole4001

Now that is some serious maple!
    You have a real rare bird there.

13. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

The tone knob probably isn't supposed to be push pull. The Schecters I've seen with push pull knobs function as coil taps. One pickup only needs one push pull knob. Amazingly well preserved bass.

14. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

Wow. Hippie bling at its finest.

15. cripula

cripula

Exactly.

Cool to see an old schecter so well preserved. Don't see many of them around any more… and not surprising considered how much a lot of them weighed :p

I still have my 80 or 81 schecter jazz (with coil tap pickups, and same bridge as the OP's), it weighs a freakin' ton! Sadly the neck twisted on it several years back.

They were pretty high end back in 81.

16. Basshappi

Basshappi

Wow!
    That is a beautiful bass, congrats!

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    very, very nice, rock it hard! :bassist: