1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

1983 Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Massive, Jan 27, 2013.

1. The Massive

The Massive

I just picked up a great playing and fantastic soundng 1983 Fender Jazz today (swapped for my T-bird)...I didn't realize this until I got it home, but it has a 5 digit serial number. It reads: E 323XX. Now according the fender website and most (but not all) pics I've seen of other ones of this same year its supposed to have another digit in the number.

Can anyone explain? I'm sure there's a thousand and one better fender experts on here than me...so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Here's a pic of my '89 "Longhorn" Jazz Bass headstock:

[​IMG]

3. The Massive

The Massive

Ok, that makes me feel better. I mean, I totally trusted the guy I traded with...but after looking at the serial number, and then checking the fender website...I was like, "mine doesn't match up"...but apparently the 5 digits are out there.

Thanks Tex!

4. banikek

banikek Supporting Member

Pictures? If it an Am Std from 83 it should have white pick up covers I think .

5. Register to disable this ad