1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

1986 Aria Pro II MIJ SB Integra Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by heliotropic, Dec 9, 2013.

1. heliotropic

heliotropic Supporting Member

I believe this bass has changed hands a couple times on this forum already, now its time again. Past threads for reference, with more info on the bass, pictures and a youtube video:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-ft-1986-aria-pro-ii-mij-sb-integra-bass-870136/

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-1986-aria-pro-ii-sb-integra-859619/

[​IMG]

Album:
    http://imgur.com/a/Dbr3s

The pictures aren't that great, my lighting isn't that good and the black finish makes it hard to photograph. I tried to highlight the flaws, in real life you can't see most from five feet away. For the most part it is just honest play wear - scuffs along the bottom edge and forearm area, swirl marks, dings here and there. There's a little bit of finish checking starting in the forearm area and lower bout, and two scuffs on the neck, one behind the fourth fret that's almost all in the clear coat (you can barely feel it with your thumb), another behind the ninth fret on the treble side (you won't notice unless you grip the neck with your thumb hanging way over the top).

The electronics have a little noise when adjusting the bass control - there's a bit of a thump when increasing the bass from about 5 to 6 (bass and treble controls have detents through their full ranges rather than just the usual center only). Also, if you tap on the pickups that sound is picked up, but they are not unusually noisy otherwise.

I bought this because I was really into Billy Gould when I first started playing bass, and always liked his tone. However, I've discovered that save Stingrays, active basses don't really work out for me. I'll get another PJ type bass someday, but right now I could use the money more.

Hoping to get $350 + shipping out of it, which is what I paid for it. It will come shipped in a cheapo gigbag, wrapped like a mummy in bubble wrap, boxed and sent via Fedex.
  2. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Miss this one...wish i wasn't broke...maybe after holiday
  3. heliotropic

Maybe it'll still be here!
  4. heliotropic

Last bump for a while.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. decay

decay

Is it up for sale yet?? Or I shouldn't bother?