1989 PRS BASS 4, Metallic Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by One Drop, Dec 3, 2012.

1. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

This is one of the fairly rare early PRS basses, only made for a few years late '80's early '90s. Famously used by Robbie Shakespeare on all his modern recordings, and often live. They sound huge and clear, and feel great to play with the fairly flat radius fretboard and nice comfortable body shape. They balance very well sitting and on a strap, too. For more information about these basses, scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/models.html

This one has the Metallic Blue finish, in great shape with only a few tiny dings, I would call the condition overall Very Good +, and I'm quite strict about describing basses. Brazilian rosewood fretboard, moon inlays, solid mahogany body, rock maple neck, and a nice weight at well under 9lbs (4kg). All original except for one pot that I had a tech replace a few years ago, it's a no issues bass set up to play low with Labella flatwound strings. Comes with original hard shell case.

For more pictures, see here (some of the photos were taken in bright sunlight and show dust and weird reflections- the indoor ones show the real condition much better):

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user/adamr63/library/PRSBASS4_MetallicBlue

Final price €1000 +shipping, Paypal accepted.

[​IMG]

2. One Drop

Bump for price drop, €1100!

3. One Drop

Final price drop, €1000 or 1200 Swiss Francs and it's yours. I travel quite a bit and if anyone in Switzerland wants to try the bass out I might be able to meet up with them.

4. One Drop

Almost New Year bump!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. One Drop

Bump for a beauty!

7. One Drop

Last bump before I take this off the market. Speak now or forever hold your peace...