1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1990 Alembic Elan PJ 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gsdito, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsdito

gsdito Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

TRADED

1990 Alembic Elan 5-string in cherry burst finish. maple body, flamed maple top, and 7-piece maple/purpleheard neck. It has all paperwork with it including build sheet/unfilled warranty card, q-filter instructions, '90 Alembic catalog, Elan info sheet, and truss rod adjustment sheet. The Ebony fingerboard is adorned with 24 perfect frets and standard alembic oval inlays. It comes in its original form fitted blue lined alembic case. The nut is height adjustable and measures 1.75" (B-G) and the spacing at the bridge is a narrow, but comfy 2.25" (B-G) (15mm). The humcancelling Alembic P-J pick ups are run into an alembic Q-filter for electronics and it also has a volume and blend control. The neck is a 34" scale and speaking of scales the bass weighs in at 10 lbs on the bathroom scale.

Really an excellent example of fine Alembic craftsmanship and playability, and you'd never know this was a 23-year-old bass by looking at it or playing it. There are no dents, dings or scratches that I can find, just some light player wear. Still have all the original paperwork that I got with it as well. It's a great bass, and I do really like it, but my tastes have shifted more to Fender/Music Man instruments, so this isn't getting played. AND, since it's still in such nice condition, I really don't want to take it to the dives I've been playing recently and risk having an unfortunate incident. So, time to move it on to someone who will play it. Here are some pics of my own, where you can see the condition is still excellent:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$2250 shipped CONUS only (sorry, no overseas with this one).

Not really interested in trades, but I might consider a newer Fender Deluxe Jazz V + cash from you, or possibly a Dingwall Super-J 5.
  2. gsdito

gsdito Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

3. IncX

IncX

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

oh, i know that bass! i almost was gonna get that! i hope it would stick here long enough for me to get enough funds
  4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Bump - if this had 18mm spacing, it would be gone.
  5. gsdito

gsdito Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Bump for a price drop. I know the narrow string spacing isn't preferred by many, but I can tell you that this bass is surprisingly easy to play. :bassist:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.