1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1995 Peavey Fury mods

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike77rios, Dec 26, 2013.

1. mike77rios

mike77rios

I'm a old time fan of Peavey basses. I owned the first production black T40. It got stolen back in 1985. A few months ago, I scored a well preserved 1995 US made Fury. White with white pick guard. Bleh, nothing special. So I called Peavey and ordered a factory stick black pickguard. I figured since I was going to remove the pickguard I may as well replace the electronics with CTS pots and a Sprague orange cap. All can can say is WOW!!! What a difference!!! It greatly improved the tone! So a couple of weeks ago, I thought that maybe a massive bridge would also improve the tone and thought about a BadAss bridge but couldn't find one. I live a few miles away from Carvin. So I checked there site and found a great bridge for $47 I went up there and bought it. Brought it home and installed it. After setting intonation and string height I plugged it into my Ampeg two ten and DAMN!!!! This thing is now a total tone monster and has become my main bass!! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388085777.018052.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388085795.097621.jpg
  2. mike77rios

mike77rios

What a difference a bridge makes!
  3. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Looks fantastic.

[​IMG]
  4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

Looks great. What kind of difference did you notice with the new bridge?
  5. mike77rios

mike77rios

Improved sustain. Solid punch. Yesterday I put Rotosound SH77's monel flat wounds on it and it now has a piano like quality to the tone. The flat wounds are a bit stiffer than the Rotosound Swing bass 66, but im ok with that for now, we'll see how it goes at tomorrow nights show.
  6. Gundecker

Gundecker

Did the Carvin bridge require extra holes? Looks classy!
  7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

I was wondering that myself. I have a Fury that I'd consider throwing that bridge on, provided it was a direct fit.
  8. RED J

RED J Half Hip, Half Hick Supporting Member

Hmm, I have one just like it I put a Bart 8s in and wow. I have a new set of wiring components just as you put in sitting here. Might give it a shot, can't lose anything.
  9. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

wow that looks great. reminds me of the squier matt freeman, but i bet the fury plays better for days :)
  10. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Pretty obvious that it's not drop-in.

[​IMG]
  11. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

LOL! I should have looked a little closer!
  12. coreyw666

coreyw666

Anyone know what bridge would be a drop in for the fury? I have a 1983 slanted p/u mode.
  13. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

A few months ago I bought a beatup 92 Fury. Replaced pots and shielded. Added Badass bridge and replaced pickup with a Bill Lawrence P46. For strings I installed Chrome Lights. This sits proudly along more expensive basses and usually is the first one I pick up.