1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

1997 Warwick Thumb 5 NT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kokorollc, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kokorollc

kokorollc Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I've got a near mint 1997 Warwick Thumb 5 neckthrough. The last year of the handbuilt warwicks using the original Wenge/ Bubinga wood combination. These are impossible to find now because no one wants to sell them. All the stuff after 1998 was CNC machined and used ovangkol wood and Bubinga pommelle. The densities of these woods were different so Warwick had a lot of quality control issues with the woods expanding at different rates and separating. This made these early basses highly collectible. I've had this one now for about 3 years and it's mostly been stored as an investment. I know the new thumbs are selling for around $3200 and are nowhere near the quality of the old ones so this is a chance for someone to pick up one of these rare basses that are getting harder and harder to find. I'm asking $2800 shipped or would even consider trade/cash options. I feel bad keeping such a nice instrument that I do not gig with It's in near mint condition. No scratches. Neck is dead straight with very low action. All electronics work perfectly. Pm any requests for pics and I can email or text photos. - kokorollc
  2. hallbee

hallbee

0   0   0

Sounds like an awesome bass. I think you could use some pics to back up your sales pitch. In addition, I would have to disagree that "new warwicks are nowhere near the quality of the old ones."
  3. beggar98

beggar98 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Man, any pre-1997 'wick catches my attention. They absolutely made much better instruments before the switch. Good luck with the sale!
  4. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Here's some pics
  5. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Wow. I suck at this. There were supposed to be 3 pics
  6. Vakmere

Vakmere

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Its not rocket science. Uploading photos couldnt be easier.
    Where will this be shipping from?
  7. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Wow. Uh...sorry, I guess. Green Bay
  8. GYang

GYang

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is the best era for Warwick (88-97), this one should find good home.
  9. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

10. jason92145

jason92145

0   0   0

hi! i know its been awhile but is this bass still for sale/trade?? if it is i have an offer for you.
  11. jason92145

jason92145

0   0   0

haha...nevermind, i saw your bid on ebay...im the guy who offered the mesa M9 carbine, Genz Benz cab and a 1997 warwick corvette 5-string. im that desperate to get a thumb NT 5 string that id get rid of my whole rig for it. you declined the offer which i understand. good luck on selling!:bassist:
  12. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

That's some pretty impressive gear that I would love to have. Just looking for a (mostly) cash deal because, like any good TBer, I've got my eye on something. Just wanting to try to get what my bass is worth to me. If not it's all good. Have to live with myself after the sale and we all know how bad sellers regret can be. Thanks again for the offer
  13. jason92145

jason92145

0   0   0

absolutely! i posted my stuff on talkbass as well. hopefully i can get what you already have. and i definitely understand about the mostly cash deal. in the same boat myself.
  14. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Is it still for sale buddy?
  15. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Still up for sale. Couple of interested parties. Willing to negotiate on price.
  16. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

17. Red Planet

Red Planet

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Disclosures:
    Manufacturing Supplier OEM's
    Well we know the back looks good anyway.:D
  18. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

19. kokorollc

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Okay. One last time. I'm adjusting the price closer to what these are actually selling for. If no one bites it's going into storage for a couple years. Just relisted on evil bay for $2150 so if someone wants it prior to auction end here let me know. No this is not an ad for my auction, I'd much prefer to sell it here.
  20. dave2

dave2

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I will try to scrape the money together. This is one of my dream basses! I love all my Warwicks - SSI 6, Thumb 5 BO, and LX5. Can we PM about it before you send it to eBay land?

Dave