1998 american Standard Precision Bass FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommybass64, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tommybass64

tommybass64

Here's my '98 P-bass I have owned for 12 years. 2 piece stunning ash body,maple/rosewood neck with some nice figuring also. Upgraded with a '62 Fender Reissue pup and a USA Deluxe bridge. Currently strung thru the body with .105 E.B. nickels,she sounds great,lots of resonance and whallop.Some small imperfections but she plays and looks fine.Weighs 9.5 lbs.Ships in a Gator HSC. $775 shipped CONUS.I'm playing a lot more guitar lately,(I know,I know,traitor!!...)so would entertain trades for a nitro 90's Gibson Les Paul Studio or a Nice USA Strat,especially a Roadhouse or Big Apple Strat. Course,if some one wants to throw a worn StingRay my way,I'm always hip to that....:D

Attached Files:

2. tommybass64

tommybass64

don't have the tort guard anymore,sold with another bass...

Attached Files:

3. tommybass64

tommybass64

Some light scratches on back of the neck,clearcoat chip on heel...well,she's a player,sounds too dang good to live in a case all the time......

Attached Files:

4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

I just want to say DON'T DO IT!! :) I've loved this bass every time I saw your avatar...you'll regret. I have a '97 (same aesthetics) and I'll never let it go.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tommybass64

tommybass64

I know were you're coming from,I run hot and cold on selling it,but I have this vision of being a Jr. version of Jeff Beck someday....or perhaps the Jr.Jr. version.....Wish I could keep her but I need an upscale axe that I can make cry and moan...Glad you're enjoying your '97,that string thru body stringing really makes a diiference,don't it!? :p

Attached Files:

7. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I have loved this bass since I saw pics of it and heard your story about it and the pawn shop. If you decide you maybe into a newer studio, I have this one and can keep it local.According to the specs even the newest Lp studios are nitro so this one should be as well. I have owned 2 90's ones with gold hardware and then this one with chrome, its the lightest of the bunch.

Hope your doing well.

Lukas

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f139/gibson-les-paul-studio-non-faded-gibson-hardcase-929310/

8. LennyJ

LennyJ

9. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

10. tommybass64

tommybass64

P.M.'s sent. Don't want to rush it like I usually do. Nice to hear from ya Lukas....How's the Rikky?

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

I wouldn't know. I immediately replaced the bridge with one that allowed top stringing because I bought it used and didn't know that the bridge ONLY allows through body. I didn't have strings that fit and I didn't want to limit myself to what I could use since I use flats and sometimes it's hard to find long enough strings.

12. Perytion

Perytion

Trade inquiry PM sent.

13. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

One of the few basses I still have ha, owned it close to a year now.;)

14. tommybass64

tommybass64

The bass has been sold locally,had some unexpected exspenses,so cash was king this time. Thanks to those who took the time to write and make some very generous offers,a trade just wasn't in the cards this time....-Tom :cool: