1998 fender pbass natural MIA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bakersbass, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

I bought this off of an old man with cancer back in 03, Long story short he was a family friend, and his medical bills was piling up so i offered to help and and told him id give a little more than he wanted for it so i gave him 1300 back then. Now its just sitting around collecting dust..

Update on condition
    The body is imaculate
    Plays great
    There is one bad thing on the neck, is has some spots where it has been layed up agants a table or something, which was before i had recievd it.

And the title lies i looked at the number and is a z so its a little newer tha

650 shipped

Natural finish on body
    White pickguard
    Rosewood neck
    American made
    Locking hardshell included

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

I also i have references on a car audio side stevemeadedesigns.com username 99fullsizechevy if thats what it keeping someone from purchasing, as i know i am a new member and all...
  3. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Bump, i cleaned up alot of the info and added pics to origonal post.

Great bass

Number is 1-304-382-6251

Feel free to call/text names brandon
  4. deeptubes

deeptubes

Gorgeous bass. Wish I had the scratch!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Make me an offer, i got a project i need to finish

Price is OBO
  7. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

I have the Jazz version of this same bass, they were a special order item at that time, if I was told correctly.
  8. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Yes, it was a special order item, so not as many where made.. Great deal here
  9. MacBass57

MacBass57

Very Pretty in natural.
  10. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

It was a stock color. Fender won't do special order custom colors on the US standard line. A store could do a special run, I suppose. If the store doesn't have it in stock they may need to special order it for the customer but that doesn't mean the color itself is not a stock color.

Back on topic...this is a great looking bass and it is fairly rare to see the rosewood and natural body combo. Good luck with the sale.
  11. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

I think you are correct. I got mine from a friend and he told me that the store had to special order it because they did not carry it in stock, but he saw it in the catalog. Either way, I don't see too many around from that time. Thanks for the info.
  12. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Thanks gor the info, i was told it had to be ordered so i learned somethin today, still yet its a beatifull color, natural has always been my favorite.

And thanks, i hope this instrument goes to a good home, i dont want to sell, but home inprovment idervours often get more costly than origonaly anticipated. And i cant live with my house halfway tore apart lol
  13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

Sweet bass, if it had a maple fingerboard, I would be all over it.
  14. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Bump, price lowered to 800 shipped

This beauty needs a new home
  15. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

16. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Bump it up, this beauty is just resting in my closet.. Needs some love and play time
  17. Carb_Rock_Doc

Carb_Rock_Doc

Are the spots on the neck just discoloration, or is the finish actually pulled off? Also, the body wood looks to be ash, and makes sense in a natural finish - can anyone confirm that?

Oh, yeah: what number follows the Z (Z0, Z1, Z2...)? That will narrow down the year.

Sweet P!!
  18. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

On the neck it is actaully the finish coming off, sad but its been that way since ive owned it

Since the neck i assume will need a refinish, ill do 750 shipped and thats as low as i can go..

More pics upon request, close ups, full shots, anything.

[​IMG]
  19. Carb_Rock_Doc

Carb_Rock_Doc

Ugh - bummer about the neck, but (assuming) the natural ash body makes it tempting. Have to think about that one...

The Z0 series would make it a 2000/2001 model. I have this one's brother in black, a 1998 version.

Cheers...
  20. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

At first a thought it was a 98 but after actually pulling it from the case and checking vin i realized it was more 00/01, but the body is perfect, there a few minor light surface scratches that pics wont show but nothing that wouldnt polish out with a good cleaning

This bass has been stored in its case for the better part of 5 years, i do pull it out occsionally to play a little and let it get some "fresh air"

I hate to sell it, i wanted to have the neck fixed and keep it but times are hard and my home is more important to me.
  21. Bakersbass

Bakersbass

Thursday bump