1999 Warwick Streamer Standard

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by SecretCityGuy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

Ok, I posted this in the Bass Section and was advised to post this here.

I have a 1999 Warwick Streamer Standard. It plays very nicely, it is a 5'r. Body is of a 3 pc Corolena bolt on body, the neck and the frettboard are Wenge. It has a MEC Vintage Humbucker pup in it, with a volume and tone knob. The pots are both 25K pots. "The cap that is on the tone pot, I am not reading any resistance accross the cap". The problem is that the bass has no low end to it.. it is truly anemic in this department. What can I do to remedy the anemic low end. I have thought about putting a pre into it, but I have no idea of which one to use. I really like the way the bass plays, but, at this point, I am really hating the way it sounds!

I a considering a pre for it, to hopefully help this bass. I am just kinda lost as to what to do to help this bass.
  2. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

I guess that I will not get any advise here either will I
  3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hello SecretCityGuy,

Has there been a change in the bass' tone, or has it always lacked low-end? The pickups on the Streamer Standard are somewhat low-output, which may be part of the reason for a percieved lack of low-end. Its hard to tell exactly where the issues lie without having the bass in-hand, so I would recommend a check by a competent tech, to be sure there are no problems. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!
  4. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    THere are basic two band stacked bass /treble preamps that can be used in that bass with great success. I know aguilar makes a stacked knob version of the OBP-2 and Seymour DUncan also makes a stacked pot, and i think bartolini does too.......possibly EMG. Try www.bestbassgear.com for pricing on all that maybe? I prefer the aguilar stuff, others prefer duncan. The choice is up to you. I like the aguilar stuff because its easy to run at 18 volts to get more headroom!

Sidenote.........Im not necessarily on here every day, which maybe the same case for others. You can get alot of help in this forum, just give it a little more time than 24 hours? :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brotherbassj

Disclosures:
  7. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

Thank you for that, I have read that link a couple of times now. But I get the feeling that they are talking about Jazz pups along with pre's.
  8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    SecretCityGuy - Also, be sure to check/adjust your pickup height. Warwick recommends a 2mm gap between the top of the pickup and the bottom of the strings, with the string fretted on the highest fret.
  9. brotherbassj

Disclosures:
    I've seen the old streamer standards with a stacked Bartolini pre with the stock pick ups
  10. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I’m not familiar with this model and its electronics. Is the pickup passive or active? Preamp passive or active? Need to know to give my 2 cents…
  11. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

W.O.

The bass pretty much has lacked since I picked it up.

Means:

It is a passive bass, there is not a active unit in the bass.

But I am thinking about putting one in it. Just not sure which one that would work well with this passive pup that is in it. It has a single HB pup in it.
  12. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

BrotherBassJ

I looked at some of the pre's that were listed at the site you suggested.

SD is for 2 pups

Nordy is for 2 pups

Barts might work

East, well you know the U Retro might work, but more holes in the bass to be cut.

Delano is for 2 pup

Glock is for 2 pup

EMG BTC or BTS might work

And I have looked into the Pope pre, which can be made for the bass as well.
  13. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

most of these preamps can be modified for one pickup volume.
  14. brotherbassj

Disclosures:
    an aguilar obp-1 stacked might be the way to go also?
  15. SecretCityGuy

SecretCityGuy

BrotherBassJ,

I have considered that. I am curious how well it would co-exsist with the Tone Hammer 500 amp?

Means:

Just a note, I belong to a website that talks machining and another that talks about a serious sport.

This is not an attack, but with mentioning that most of these can be "modified" to single pup configuration. Well, I am not all that verse in "electronics", so not just mentioning that, it would have helped further by explaining how that they can be "modified" to single pup use.

Just something to think about.