2 15 cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

I run a svt3 pro, I purchased a new svt 810e from zzounds, very disappointed that thing was farting out at mid volume without any eq. My question is, I have an old peavey 15 bass cab, 300 watt b/w. Can I put one of their newer cabs rated at 500 watts with it or would they fight for power. Cant seem to find another 15 cab like my old one, even empty. Love the growl of the plain old black widow in a ported cab
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I venture you can't be looking very hard if you can't find a couple of old Black Widow 15's.
  3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I'm surprised it was farting out to be honest.

Using a pair of 15s won't necessarily mean you'll avoid any fartage or that they'll stand up any better than the 810.

On saying that, I do like my BW loaded 215 (I like my 810 too tho, but very different sounds!).
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There is something wrong with your amp, or your cab, or in user error in your set up.
  5. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

My amp svt 3 pro has been to my tech its an 06 model, has all new jj's in it and has had all the cold soldering redone. I had a svt 410 he before, on top of the 15 and no unusual sounds happened playing them together @ 4 ohms. Maybe I should spring for the heritage I know its USA made not oriental.
  6. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

When I ran an SVT-3 into an 8x10, it never farted, but it did sound like the amp was struggling.... Maybe try a friend's amp into the 810 to be sure if it is the cab or amp that is causing the unpleasantness?
  7. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I don't even think it's a case of USA vs China made, not seen anyone else having this issue, I wonder if you have a dodgy speaker.
  8. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah Death Fist Kill Guy Supporting Member

Media:
    + 1

Typically you can throw crazy wattage at 8x10s and they will laugh and ask for more. Perhaps a bad jack, loose connection, or bad speaker...but there should not be any farting out on that cabinet.
  9. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    It's probably not the cab farting because I can fart louder than an SVT-3.

I kid! but it's not the cab.
  10. catgut

catgut

SVT-3 struggles with 810. Not enough power.
  11. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

The heritage 410 is the best cab I have ever played. Plenty of low end and does not fart. I run mine with an acoustic 370 which put out tons of low end and I have no problems. Clear aggressive low end for days.