1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

2 a.m. rewiring folly

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eddododo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Installed my nordstrand d.c.'s into my Roscoe late last night , because I'm impatient/impulsive, and i used some unconventional choices for fun, since I'm planning on rewiring it again with a pre later.

- classic volume (500k A). No surprises there.
    - blend with load switch: 500 m/n blend, with a switch to ground/lift the blend; get an unloaded bright sound with 'modern' sounds at both extremes/middle, and when it is loaded you get full isolation of pickups at the extremes of rotation and ALOT of subtle nuances throughout the rotation.

Tone- i used a blend pot with a .047 cap to one side and a .1 cap on the other. Center detent is 'no load' via a little nail polish, and one extreme is subtle, the other quite dark. Really interesting sounds, but it needs some value tweaking
  2. eddododo

3. KingRazor

KingRazor

I'll quote Ted Mosby from the show "How I Met Your Mother":

"Nothing good happens after 2AM".
  4. eddododo

Not to toot my horn and keep blabbing at an empty thread, but the loading switch for the blend pot is the **** , there's alot of variety in there

Also, this is my first noiseless build/wiring job without troubleshooting for hours and days
  5. RobbieK

RobbieK

I use a blend bypass switch on one of my basses as a slap switch. It hard wires both pickups to max and also takes out the extra load of the dual gang blend pot. Works very well. I hate to tell you this, but I've had it for several years...