2 VT Bass Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MostlyBass, Dec 17, 2012.

1. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

So I just got a second VT Bass. I like the tone I get but I wanted a second pedal for fuzz and figured since I like the sounds I get from the VT, I got a second.

First one for tone, second for fuzz... This is just at work, not on my pedal board yet...

Attached Files:

2. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Do you intend to use them both together? What will the EQ differences be, if any? Cab sim button?

3. MostlyBass

I plan to have #1 be an always on preamp and #2 just for fuzz to kick on as needed. I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out with my bass amp - I only have a guitar amp here at work today.

But I envision #2 fuzz as having a little less highs, flat mids, character around 1 or 2, gain at some semblance of unity or about 10:30 and then drive to taste - probably 1:30... for now I'm leaving the cab sim button engaged.

I may also send one in to Putnam Guitars for some mods but that's a big maybe...

4. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Nice, I'm doing something kinda similar with 2 rack mount Sansamp RBI's.

I have one running a clean tone with no dirt and a slightly scooped tone, the other running quite dirty with a mid boost for a more aggressive tone. Both RBI's are always on and bridged into my Crest Prolite 2.0. Super happy with this rig! I'm able to get a nice fat clean tone but also able to have the aggressive OD tone without losing any low end.

I'm considering swapping out my RBI for an RPM so I can get more of a distortion instead of slight OD but the RBI's are working great for me right now.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MostlyBass

Cool. I'll have to take some pictures of my setup when I get home but I've copied my band's guitarist -

He has one pedal board at waist height or so to make adjustments on the fly and another one on the floor. So I bought a cheap snare drum stand and put a wood stool top in it. I put my micro thumpinator, VT, and octave pedal on that and then on the floor I'll put the second VT to engage as needed for fuzz.