2001 Lake Placid Blue 62 AVRI Fender Jazz 62 reissue LOWER PRICE 950

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by narud, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narud

narud Supporting Member

NEW THREAD PT2- i thought i had this sold and held it for a month for a tbr. turns out its not going to happen so its back up again.

i will now sell this for 950 SHIPPED via usps. that price will include the stock fender 62ri pickups and the stock mint guard only and will be shipped without the gig bag. i purchased my 1974 jazz bass from guitar center without a case or a bag so it can definitely be done safely. i will still sell this for 1175 shipped with the aguilar 70's wind pickups only, both guards, neck pickup cover and gig bag.

you might find these cheaper elsewhere, but you know exactly what youre getting and i have the pictures to show it. we all know peoples ideas of a functional neck may mean nothing if they play with a ton of relief and you get a neck that cant be straightened.

original ad-
    Ive been holding off selling this, but it just hasnt been able to push my 76 jazz out as my main gigger. Its a rare lake placid blue 62 ri jazz and is the best bass you can get for a 60's jazz outside of vintage or boutique.

first off is the neck. i own a slab board 62 and this ri has a slightly slimmer profile than the my real deal 62. its also arrow straight. slammed low action with even playability all over the neck. youll see in the pics. its set up with almost no relief right now and low action. to get the action this low, you always have to put fretwork into a fender and this was no different. in addition to the fret level, the fretboard edges were also rolled and it feels much more broken in.

second, the pickups are Aguilar 70's wind. this bass originally came with emgs. i purchased a new stack knob set up from fender to replace the emg guts.

totally scientific bathroom scale method puts the bass at 9 and half pounds, same as my 62.

it has some lacquer chips and a little neck wear as youll see in the pics but its all true wear.

it also comes with the original mint guard (i bought the fender tort guard when i bought the pots) and the straplocks that are on it now will be replaced with standard strap buttons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. narud

narud Supporting Member

ive got someone interested in just the neck whos willing to pay today. if youre interested in the body ill do 600 shipped for the loaded body with aguilars and both pickguards and the neck pickup cover.
  3. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

man.........forgot to close this one. this is gone!
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.