SOLD 2006 Fender Aerodyne CAR, CIJ non-import

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OldSchool50, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

England sale fell through so I've decided to keep this. Just too hard to find these.

MOre photos 2-11-14, plus specs.
    I'm continuing a slow selloff and decided one JB has to go. This 2006 Aerodyne Jazz Bass is a non-import, CIJ model that I bought directly from Japan last spring. It is gorgeous, in 9.5/10 cosmetic condition and great playing with a smooth and comfortable jazz neck. P/J configuration with pickguard.
    Came with a cheap gig bag but I will include a new FEnder TSB case, which fits perfectly (Most P and J Fender cases are too tight).
    I will get the full specs from Fender and post. Has a few small nicks in the headstock but otherwise barely a mark. It's pretty light with basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. WIll add details and photos.

I'm asking $875 plus shipping CONUS. NO trades. Prefer BOA direct deposit but will do Paypal. I'm torn about selling this but decided I'll just put it out there.

Attached Files:

2. OldSchool50

with Case and its friend. (Bassman not for sale)

Attached Files:

3. OldSchool50

Headstock, front and back

Attached Files:

4. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have an Aerodyne in my collection and it gets more compliments from other musicians than any other bass I have (other than my Sadowsky)

People love the sexy look and they sound great if you give them a little attention and a great rig.

I'm a big fan of their thin neck and always have a good time with it when it comes up in my bass rotation. With a set of D'Addario Chromes and that P pickup + J pup it's super versatile and easy-smooth playing.

GLWTS !

:bassist::cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. OldSchool50

Thanks for the terrific bump Thorrr. I'm really torn about selling this. It is very light and has that countered body that just fits nicely. And the neck is thin and fast. The P/J pickups give a wide range of tones and It sounds great both through a modern amp (Markbass combo) and the vintage bassman in the photo.
    I think I'll play it when I get home.

I'm waiting for full specs from Fender and will post when they arrive.

And FYI, I have a late 70s Aria Pro TSB 650 "Thor Sound" bass. A very cool bass, medium scale. The cheap case is falling apart but it says "Thor Sound" right on it. Thunderous.

Thanks again.

7. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

8. rob_barbour

rob_barbour

Aerodynes are incredible. I have the standard export black (with the 'strat input') and have been looking for a red one for months. this has clearly been looked after beautifully.

I'm PMing the OP about a purchase but just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of compliments for this particular specimen.

9. THORRR

Geeze! I should have one of those just because its my namesake :D

:cool:

a note to prospective buyers: It's been probably 6 months to a year since I've seen a
    Red Aerodyne like this for sale on TB. They don't come up very often. This should sell fast
    as they usually do!

10. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

+1 to the quality, feel and sound of these basses. I have two non-export Aeros and the Red ones are indeed rare.

Get it while it's hot.

11. OldSchool50

Thorrr wrote
    Mine is just like this one, (sold on TB awhile back) except without the scratches on the front.

All others, thanks for the support for a beautiful Fender.
    (hope I'm not breaking the bump rule here)

Attached Files:

12. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

Clean.

13. as678

as678 Supporting Member

Don`t hesitate. Oldschool50 is one of the greatest guys to deal with. Another gorgeous bass.

14. rob_barbour

rob_barbour

Want this so bad. If someone within CONUS takes it then fair play to you but I've got fingers & toes crossed here in the UK that no-one does :D

15. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

How much if I drive it over to you with a New Haven pizza, shovel out and mow your lawn, and crush your enemies?

16. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

I live near Savin Rock in West Haven. If your driveway is more than twelve feet long, you're the high school.
    Waiting on some hopeful sales here, but you're welcome for pizza any time, and good luck with the sale if these East Hartford cats don't stiff me!

17. OldSchool50

Here are a few of the minor blems on the bass, small nicks on the headstock and a small dent (not through the paint on the back). Also very few tiny scratches on the back that are hard to photograph. Make this a 9-9.5/10.

Attached Files:

18. OldSchool50

19. OldSchool50

I'm close to a sale to ship to England, but will wait one more day for a CONUS sale.

20. THORRR

Sweeet! Thanks for the pics!

:bassist::hyper::cool:

21. OldSchool50

The England sale fell through (fees/taxes) on the other end). I've now decided to keep it. Might change my mind down the road but will put up something else for now These are just too hard to come by and play great.
    Thanks for all the interest. If you want to be kept informed if I decide to sell, pm me and I'll keep track. WIll close the tread in a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.