1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

2008 MIM Fender jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by himluis1, Jan 29, 2013.

1. himluis1

himluis1

hello there , i have a 2008 mim fender jazz bass and will like to replace the regular black plastic knobs with chrome ones ... does anybody knows what or where can i buy this ??? i tried guitar center but didnt have any luck also tried other stores but nothing :(
  2. himluis1

himluis1

like what is the size or what should i be looking for or where ??? please help ... thanks !!!
  3. ninerfan

ninerfan

4. himluis1

himluis1

thanks for the website , but i was traying to get more imput like the size and brand of the knobs or may be what exactly should i buy ???
  5. northernmonkey

northernmonkey

Fender knobs have a tiny little screw in the side which you can tighten or release with a flat blade jewlers screwdriver.

The worlds least competent DIYer could swap the knobs on a Fender bass in 5 minutes
  6. pattyløve

pattyløve

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Engineering, D'addario
    Im fairly sure MIM basses (or at least the ones i've had) have the split-shaft imperial pots. Which in that case, most knobs will fit on it! :) Your standard ones for split-shaft will push on with a bit of resistance. The ones designed for solid shaft will slide on and then youd set it by tightening the screw.

In fact, i changed the plastic knobs on my MIM jazz to the chrome solid-shaft knobs. So i did the exact same change you were looking to do

Edit: For example, any of these will do fine (even though they are designed for solid shaft).
    http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitarknobs_barrelknobs.htm
  7. himluis1

himluis1

i took my jazz bass to guitar center and none of the knobs they had fit also i took it to another small music store and they tried different brands and no luck , i know how to take them out and put them back in , but if is not the correct size it wont fit !!! im not asking how to do it im asking people that have done it before where to buy or what store or brand !!! thank u
  8. northernmonkey

northernmonkey