2010 American Standard Jazz 4 thinking of selling for a 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Swipter, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Swipter

Swipter

So I am thinking about selling my 2010 Fender American Standard sunburst 4 string and getting the same version of a 5 string 2012 model. Thoughts? My current bass has killer tone and great grain so I am really back and forth.

2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

Well, it is a lot like your present bass, with one more string. ;) I've played the MIA Standard and Deluxe Vs a bit lately and they are quite nice. I lean towards the Deluxe though because I like active basses and I think the neck on the Deluxe is a bit nicer too. I am trying to learn to love Fender fivers through the used MIM Standard V I bought recently. If I can bond with it I would love to upgrade it someday to a MIA and a Deluxe if I can. They are great basses but given your love for the one you have now you would want to be very careful to find one that gives you the tone and grain that you like. You might also want to keep both for a while to make sure of that before you sell the one you love, which of course is a common lament here on TB. Other than that I don't think you can go wrong with the Standard V.

Ken