2012 6 string Fretless Human Base Bass Guitar with HB gig bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swheele1, Nov 30, 2013.

1. swheele1

swheele1

This 6 string fretless is in amazing (brand new) condition. I'm only selling because as it because as it turns out, I'm not very good at fretless playing. lol

Human Base was founded in 1997 by award winning, German master luthier, Siggi Jaeger. Over the last ten years Siggi Jaeger`s HUMAN BASE instruments have become famous for their solid craftsmanship, sophisticated construction techniques and high quality materials. His designs have become the premier first call bass for those that seek master quality custom built instruments, This is the 243rd BaseX built by Siggi. The electronics begin with Delano pickups. These are top-quality, hand-made (in Germany) pickups that are responsive and clear. And when it comes to unwanted noise, they are super quiet. The ability to switch from active to passive electronics and the coil tap switch allow the bass to create many different tones and timbres. The Glockenklang preamp, which controls the pickups and tone, is superb. Even with the gain turned up all the way, the bass was nearly silent, making it one of the quietest bass guitars we’ve tested. The bolt-on neck has one of the best designs I've seen, featuring an elongated wedge shape that makes the instrument respond more like a neck-thru instrument than a bolt-on.

Currently strung with new TI Flats.

Check out the link below of the actual bass being played by its original owner. It can be found on You Tube and it's called: Kevin Woods jamming at Bass Club Chicago

Scale: 34" (864mm)
    Frets: 24 (+0)
    Pickups: DELANO Soapbar
    Electronics: HUMAN BASE 2-Band EQ (active/passive)
    Bridge: ABM Tuning Fork
    Tuners: GOTOH Body:
    Maple Top: Amboina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a youtube video of the actual bass being played:

Asking $2100 shipped.

2. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Albums:
    Are you open to trades?

3. Vuyani

Vuyani

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Essential Sound Products, GK, Centrance, Mogami
    Great bass! I've played it. Someone will get a great playing & feeling instrument...

4. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

Strap in for the ride, gentlemen, this is an aggressive fretless. I got the top from Gilmer Wood and drop shipped it to Siggi.

In the video it's wearing Sunbeams. Now I wish that I would have tried the Thomastik's.

The build is incredible, too. The finish is the sexiest of all time.

Cheers.

edit: The pre is a 3-band, and I switched out the caps for a mid freq of about 250Hz.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. david churchill

david churchill

Hey there.
    My name is David.I'm in Melbourne Australia.
    Two questions.
    1.What is string spacing at bridge [ ctr to ctr ] ?
    2.Would you ship to Australia ?
    Cheers

7. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket

8. swheele1

swheele1

This 6 string fretless is in amazing (brand new) condition. I'm only selling because as it because as it turns out, I'm not very good at fretless playing. lol

This is a neck thru design, currently strung with new TI Flats.The electronics begin with Delano pickups. These are top-quality, hand-made (in Germany) pickups that are responsive and clear. And when it comes to unwanted noise, they are super quiet. The ability to switch from active to passive electronics and the coil tap switch allow the bass to create many different tones and timbres. The Glockenklang preamp, which controls the pickups and tone, is superb. Even with the gain turned up all the way, the bass was nearly silent, making it one of the quietest bass guitars we’ve tested.

Human Base was founded in 1997 by award winning, German master luthier, Siggi Jaeger. Over the last ten years Siggi Jaeger`s HUMAN BASE instruments have become famous for their solid craftsmanship, sophisticated construction techniques and high quality materials. His designs have become the premier first call bass for those that seek master quality custom built instruments, This is the 243rd BaseX built by Siggi.

The tonal range is amazing. The controls are:

volume
    bass
    mid
    treble

Check out the link below of the actual bass being played by its original owner. It can be found on You Tube and it's called:
    Kevin Woods jamming at Bass Club Chicago

Scale: 34" (864mm)
    Frets: 24 (+0)
    Pickups: Delano Soapbar
    Electronics: Glockenklang
    2-Band EQ (active/passive)
    Bridge: ABM Tuning Fork
    Tuners: Gotoh
    Body: Maple
    Top: Amboina

9. swheele1

swheele1

Sorry, no trades. I need the cash. :)

10. swheele1

swheele1

A note from the maker of the bass:

hi scott,

any string spacing is possible. normally i make it 18mm at the bridge.
    the width of the nut is 50mm and the spacing is suitable to the width.

your bass has a human base electronic made by glockenklang.

best regards,
    siggi

I will ship to a us destination. you can use viaddress,com to get the bass to where you are.

11. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

The string-spacing at the bridge is 18mm. It is a very comfortable bass and hangs very nicely on a strap.

Cheers.