1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

2012 American Special P Bass (HoneyBurst)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buster Brown, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

So, I am walking through a store yesterday in Kentucky, like I tend to do to "de-compress" and there, hanging way up on the wall is a brand new 2012 American Special Precision in honey burst! Hadn't seen 'em before.....

It now belongs to me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the crappy pics - My cell phone did the best it can do...

I have to have it mailed home - Good thing actually....It will give me a little time to tell my Wife......:scowl:

Oh well....early Christmas present to myself, I guess! :hyper:
  2. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Sharp! Throw a tort guard on it :)
  3. awilkie84

awilkie84

I'd say black guard & flats!
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Wow that's nice! The finish looks aged. I dig it...good job :)
  5. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Thanks! The store dude says it is ash, but honestly, with the hand-rubbed finish, it's a little difficult to tell ( as far as I know, earlier models are alder) but it makes no difference to me, actually.

I wandered over to the GC site and, unfortunately, they are still too new to have a description listed, but after playing it for 5 minutes, I was sold. I love the fit and especially the finish and look. I was torn a while back when Fender came out with the hand-rubbed mahogany finishes but after buying this - I'm glad I waited.

Thanks again!
  6. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Haven't decided if I'm goona change the guard yet - but Oh Yes! Flats WILL be installed!! :)
  7. 6pack Jon

6pack Jon

Congrats! Been trying to get to the store to try one out. Gf keeps bass blocking.
  8. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

WOW :eek: That is gorgeous! Congrats. I wish I could walk in to GC and walk out with a bass on a whim.. Color me jealous!
  9. lavmonga

lavmonga

Great looking bass! The necks on those Specials are great!
  10. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens

I played one of those around here too. It was nice and light and rang like a bell.

Congrats!
  11. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

WOW... Drop dead wow...
  12. tinman 1967

tinman 1967 Supporting Member

Nice. I went into guitar center over the weekend for some speak on connectors, and the store clerk was noodling on that very same bass. I commented on how nice it was, so he handed it to me where I fiddled a bit with it. It really is a beauty!
    He told me he was planning on purchasing it in a few days if it was still for sale.
    The finish is really great. Super light, and as others have said, the neck feels great . I have researched the honey finish and have come up with nothing. Now I know that at least 2 exist:smug:
  13. portlandguy

portlandguy

14. bobbybass85

bobbybass85 Supporting Member

That might be the first time I've liked a plain white PG EVER!
  15. Mike M.

Mike M.

Whoa! That is nice! I also think it looks perfect as is.

I never played a P Special but I did try out a J Special last weekend that was a very good player. Very punchy sound as well.

Enjoy!!
  16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Same here. It's a beauty on that finish. I hope they're still making it next year some time. I may get me one.
  17. christle

christle Supporting Member

Beautiful bass. I love my American Special Precision and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
  18. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

I saw one of those at my local GC. Beautiful bass, but I couldn't really evaluate it because the setup was so awful.
  19. bonga_rascal

bonga_rascal

I got a precision some time back and I absolutely love every freaking P-bass that I see. Yours looks great man! Very unique colour scheme you got going there. Have fun with here.

P.S - Which flats are you gonna be installing?
  20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So is this a forgiveness bass or a permission bass? Or worse, a revenge bass? Anyway, it looks great! Congratulations, I hope.