1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

2012 American standard P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XUSMC1775x, Jan 3, 2013.

1. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

ok so ive been going crazy lately getting basses haha, recently i fell in love with a 2012 American standard P Bass i played. i ended up putting it on layaway, i play alot of Motown; my questions to all fellow players is, how do the Fender Custom shop 60's Pickups sound with flatwound strings? also im open for opinions on good flatwound strings too. i use D'Addario's but i will try out some suggestions i havent yet, thanks.
  2. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

The pickups sound great on the new P's IMO. I love them with flats; and rounds for that matter. Nothing wrong with chromes, but for that Motown vibe you might try some LaBella deep talkn' flats. The now come in string thru-body sets too. Hit up bassstringsonline.com and check some out if you haven't. The sadowsky flats sound great too, kinda in the middle between the chromes and labella sets.
  3. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

yea i got the thru-body one, i love it. im going try some LaBella deep talkin flats, and ill check out that site. thanks alot man
  4. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Yeah if you register with the site as a VIP member (because the owner is a TB'r) you can get a discount on strings. He also just has killer prices anyway. Good luck.